Dapol 2012/3 - New catalogue announcements

Andy Y

Dave,

Just a heads up! First, congratulations on a very exciting and promising catalogue! What a statement of intent by Dapol! Best wishes and very good luck to all of you!

However, the devil, as always, is in the detail! Class 33, D6597 is/was Class 33/2 - the batch D6586-97 inclusive were the 'Slim Jims' - flat, narrow body profile to 'Hastings Gauge Restriction'. Although it would be wonderful were Dapol to produce two different body profiles for the Class 33 models, I suspect that a 'renumbering' to another in the first 85 of the class will be cheaper and easier! I recall that when the delayed 'Slim Jims' did finally appear, BRCW said that the 're-tooling' process had been far more difficult and costly than their first hopes!

Richard (Dapol N'thusiast no. 19)

And if you read this please dont spend, like has been asked, endless time asking for new products, when they arent in the catalogue. There are a couple of items i'm working on that shall remain nameless for the time being, but i will neither confirm or deny anything until late 2013 (unless we can pop them into the production schedule earlier), so it's a bit futile asking. :nono:

just thought Id repeat that for the benefit of those that are hard of thinking ;)

Yeah, but I want details of Dapol's new 3mm/TT range and I want them NOW ;)

New this year is the ability for stockist to buy their locomotives (where marked) DCC fitted as we will be able to supply these models with a Gaugemaster DCC23 on board. This is a first for British N gauge and DCC fitted locomotive boxes will be specially marked to avoid confusion.

That's a good feature to have although it's fair to point out that Farish did actually supply a DCC-fitted loco as part of their Digital Commuter set a year or so ago; just to clarify the context of 'first'.

That's a good feature to have although it's fair to point out that Farish did actually supply a DCC-fitted loco as part of their Digital Commuter set a year or so ago; just to clarify the context of 'first'.

And the Peco 2251?

As an N Gauge modeller I think Dapol are doing a great job and Dave's wllingness to keep us informed is most helpful. I'm currently schooling over the announcements, a West Contry in Southern livery would be nice but the BoB will do and the Maunsells and how can I resist the GWR tank, Oh my wallet!

Thank you Dapol, just when I didbn't need to model in another scale you bring out a Terrier in O gauge.

Will pre-order (at least) one as soon as possible! They really are a steal at that price.

Johnny

• RMweb Gold

Dave

I also assume that with resepct to the O Guage SR brake van the SR livery described as SR grey with vermillon red ends should read SR Brown with vermillion red ends?

Good suggestion about the separate threads, but you could have started one rather than posting your comment about a new one here :locomotive:

Good suggestion, but it doesnt really work like that. Trying to persuade folk to discuss something in a new thread once they've already started in an existing one is a bit like herding cats.

No plans for a OO spam can i'm afraid, but i am looking at a possible 'ultimate' OO gauge 33 produced in a reasonable amount of time...

Seriously, an OO gauge Class 33?! ...and I have a couple of the Heljan/Rail Exclusive sets on order... Hmmm, this could be interesting...! :gamer:

Following that link to the catalogue PDF led me to look at the old Grafar catalogues and just how far N gauge has come.

In 1980 N gauge was just edging outside of pre-nationalisation with the 7 locomotives (inc one generic) in it's range getting early BR liveries and the first BR stock was being produced using the generic coaching stock that it sold in LMS/GW/SR/LNER Teak liveries. All freight stock was either PO or Big four liveried.

To think it wasn't that long ago that Dapol had a 14xx, an autocoach, a b-set and a couple of siphons as it's whole N gauge range.

Oh, be still my beating heart... :heart_mini:

Schools, Maunsells, matching four-wheel brakes, 33s, CCTs...

My cup runneth over and my wallet is running for the hills! :bye:

Looks like my planned layout is going to need expanding for the new SR releases over the next 18 months or so from both Dapol and Farish.

Is Hope a suburb of Adelaide then??? ;)

I don't remember Hope but I went to Highschool in the Adelaide suburb of Norwood and the destination of my bus to school was 'Paradise' which I always found amusing!

Gerry

Is Hope a suburb of Adelaide then??? ;)

I've always "hoped" that someone would set up business at Loggerheads ( on the road from Mold to Ruthin ), or even World's End ( a beautiful spot between Ruthin and Llangollen ) - I used to live outside Mold.

................... but i am looking at a possible 'ultimate' OO gauge 33 produced in a reasonable amount of time (he says with Friday mischief in his voice). .....................

Excellent, I would be VERY interested. The Southern Region needs dedicated nutters.

I've always "hoped" that someone would set up business at Loggerheads ( on the road from Mold to Ruthin ), or even World's End ( a beautiful spot between Ruthin and Llangollen ) - I used to live outside Mold.

Spent many an hour in the Loggerheads pub - a beautiful spot indeed! SWMBO was born in Mold, lived in the local Police house. Father-in-law was the local bobby back in the 70's. Hope to visit again sometime!

That's funny,. there is another Loggerheads in Staffordshire, near Market Drayton. I found it when I was at the PO/BT training college at Stone. Somewhere I have a photo of my first car, a 105E Anglia, parked by the village nameboard.

Roger

Quick question...at Ally Pally on the Dapol display stand was an A3 in BR Express Blue livery and early emblem but I don't see it among the announcements. I do see an A4 in 'Garter Blue British Railways' however. Have I missed the blue A3 somewhere??

R E Faust

Archived