Dapol 2012/3 - New catalogue announcements

Andy Y

Dave, I noticed that one of the 2884s also does not look right.

2S-009-002 GW Green "crest" 2872

2872 was a member of the earlier Churchward 2800s and somewhat different to the later Collett ones (unless you are planning to cover both variants). None of the 2884s carried the great western crest as it had been dropped by the time they were introduced.

If you are looking for another GWR livery, would you consider the post-war livery with "GWR" lettering on the tender? This is accurate for many members of the class including 3803 which was painted in this livery when it took part in the 1948 exchange trials.

Arriving with club members and retailers over the next few days I believe.

Thanks for reply - I seem to recall the printed version was meant to be with retailers/ members on Tuesday in time for the release but that you could also have either the free download or purchase directly from Dapols website at some time aswell. I havent made it to the local model shop yet so wasnt sure if there was any news on the download version.

There will not be a simultaneous release in any electronic form of the catalogue (apart from the release list), certainly for at least a month, maybe more after the catalogue is released and this also means on our website,

From Dapol Daves post re the catalogue

• RMweb Premium

any news on the pdf catalogue Dave (sorry if you've already mentioned it somewhere previously)

This should help, scanned (not by myself i should add!) with the permission of the Dapol M.D.

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/N-gauge-catalogues.html

This is a great resource btw and it's fascinating to look through some of the old catalogues every now and then!

Cheers, Richard

(edited to insert link which I forgot first time round!)

Re- 57xx pannier tanks, just to annoy DD, may I point out that they did not start to be fitted with top feed until 1942!

That's only the most obvious variation. Whistle shields, bunker steps, steam brakes only on 67XX, etc. all contribute to the variety. However, Dave has said that the chosen numbers are based on photos, though I'm surprised to see mention of a whistle shield on 6739 in GREAT WESTERN livery. Of course, there were survivors with this livery and all the later fittings photographed well into the fifties.

Nick

• RMweb Premium

I've had an email from Hattons indicating that the O gauge Class 08 I had pre-ordered in EWS livery has been cancelled. Is this truly cancelled or just delayed?

Cheers

Dave

Hallo Dapol,

well thought out programme and I wish the company success. I hope the "What-are-they-going-to-release" brigade will quieten down. Only 1 interesting new model for me (122 in N), glad to see blue/grey HSTs again and maybe more blue/grey HST MK3s. Hopefully the TGS will come as a "surprise model" - MR seem to pretty condifent that it will out!!

But I am puzzled that you state the catalogue will not be released in electronic form for at least a month and from post 137 it's already on the web with permission from the MD

As I said - I wish Dapol success, competition can only be good for N

Es grüßt Euch

PC

Distinct lack of good RTR models of small LNER locos, very true. But why duplicate long term available subjects, when there's a vast selection of similarly numerous and long surviving classes? Good tank engine subjects in this respect would be the ex GER N7 0-6-2T, GER J67/68/69 and the GNR J50 0-6-0T's.

At the moment in OO RTR we have the B17 (coming), B1, B12 ( appropriately elderly?) L1, J39, K3, O1 to come, 04/ROD, O7/WD, Ivatt 4MT, BR standards class 4MT 2-6-0 and class 7MT Britannia, Derby lightweight DMU, diesel classes 15, 16, 20, 30 and 40 and at least one of those four wheel railcars to form the basis of a GER section layout, from LNER operations to the end of BR steam. What's missing, big time? The swarm of small tank locos of GER origin,and the two suggested have the great advantage of also being much used off the GER section and as branchline power. (There simply isn't any RTR branchline power for the LNER/BR(ER) territory it's all thumping great main line locos.

As for the GNR/LNER J50, it is such a natural accompaniment to the never ending production of the Doncaster pacifics and other big engines, and all it has ever had is one dire Lima rendering.

All these classes have sensible side tanks too, nice big cuboid spaces to easily hide a mechanism and lots of ballast...

HI 34

This thread can be confusing. Because Dapol have products in all 3 scales all three are being mixed about a bit.

I was referring to N specifically with regard to the lack of any LNER tank locos, while there are undoubtedly still gaps, 00 modellers a bit more fortunate.

I have to say though, a J50 in 0, 00 and N must surely be quite an attractive proposition - nice and simple, probably adequate of space inside the body (Even in N) and something widely used yet still a bit quirky.

Regards

Roy

Hi guys,

Just to get back to you on the 21 issue.

No it's not deleted from the range. Merely that the 29 will come first, and the 21 will be developed from that. (trust me its the only way we can do it to make sure the model is accurate).

With this in mind, it was dropped from this catalogue not only because it might be late 2013/early 2014 but also there simply wasnt enough room (even for a picture and 4 lines of info) left in the catalogue.

I know we will be doing an addendum, and in fact we will continue to release addendums as new products or liveries get made that we hadnt considered when doing this catalogue.

Rest assured the 21 will, as i sit here, be made.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Dave its much appreciated, the Class 21 is at the very top of a shortening wishlist for me. I take it, going by the 29's, the catalogue id numbers are going to change does this mean any pre-orders will become invalid or will the retailers just update the model details?

This thread can be confusing. Because Dapol have products in all 3 scales all three are being mixed about a bit.

Perhaps it's time to start separate scale-specific discussion threads so those of us interested in just one particular scale can talk about those releases, and not confuse everyone else?

Of course, if we are interested in multiple scales then we can post in the relevant thread.

Hi,

with regards to the online pdf, i didnt have much choice in the matter i'm afraid as the dictat came down from on high.

Good suggestion about the separate threads, but you could have started one rather than posting your comment about a new one here :locomotive:

No plans for a OO spam can i'm afraid, but i am looking at a possible 'ultimate' OO gauge 33 produced in a reasonable amount of time (he says with Friday mischief in his voice).

The 08 EWS pre-orders were abysmal, so i took the decision to shelve it for the second run as demand for a wasp stripe green one was much much higher. A new product code will be introduced for it in due course.

Please dont worry about the 73, as the JB is well down the road at the moment. This is the JA, and like the JV laser scan will need some tweeking.

And if you read this please dont spend, like has been asked, endless time asking for new products, when they arent in the catalogue. There are a couple of items i'm working on that shall remain nameless for the time being, but i will neither confirm or deny anything until late 2013 (unless we can pop them into the production schedule earlier), so it's a bit futile asking. :nono:

cheers

Dave

Archived