"Steam on the Cambrian" my new modular layout

Dukedog

• 3 weeks later...

Steam on the Cambrian Exhibition dates
Just for those who may be interested in seeing this layout at exhibition here is a list of confirmed exhibitions I shall be attending this year.

26-27 July 2014

Gloucester & Warwickshire Railway gala

G&W Railway Diesel Gala

16-17 August 2014

Midland Railex

Midland Railway Centre Butterly

October 2014

Welshpool

Town Hall Welshpool

18th October 2014

Cradley Heath MRC

Cradley Heath Community centre

More dates for the rest of 2014 and 2015 once they are confirmed.

Cheers!

Frank

After another days work on the new extension for "Steam on the Cambrian"  The loop is finished and all track and turnouts laid. Some wiring and testing next I think!

Overall view of the module.  Front profile board yet to be finished.

14676378694_4856eb34ed_b.jpg

A view in the DOWN direction towards Penmaenpool MPD.

14678421562_532560f6ec_b.jpg   

Looking in the UP direction towards existing module Mofa Bach.

14675532031_129a665114_b.jpg

More work soon if the weather holds and I can work outside. The module takes up too much room in the shed!

Cheers

Frank

Made the front cover!
66_211003_140000000.jpg

The summer edition of Model Rail magazine featuring "Steam on the Cambrian" is published on July31st.

Can't wait to get my copy to see what the editorial team have done with my scribble!
Cheers
Frank

Made the front cover!

66_211003_140000000.jpg

The summer edition of Model Rail magazine featuring "Steam on the Cambrian" is published on July31st.

Can't wait to get my copy to see what the editorial team have done with my scribble!

Cheers

Frank

Hi frank, looks good mate, cant wait to get my sticky mits on a copy.

Well done.

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend the 16th-17th August will see me take "Steam on the Cambrian" to one of my favourite shows at the Midland Railway Centre Butterly Derbyshire.

I've always liked this show both as a visitor and exhibitor, it's a great mix between real live prototype stuff and model railways. There is something for everybody what ever your area of interest.

post-12870-0-42005100-1399916867_thumb.j

"Steam on the Cambrian" will be located in building 'D' (The old chapel) Stand No 42 so if you plan on visiting do stop by and give us a nod.

You can download the show guide from the RMweb model rail forum here.....

http://rmweb.co.uk/m... 2014 LRdps.pdf

The file is in pdf format so you need Adobe acrobat to open and read it.

Hope to see you there

Frank

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just picked this thread up last night and now read all the way through, one of those you just have to .... well done! :)

I'd seen the morfa bach bit in the blogs earlier and meant to follow, but to be honest the blogs are hard to keep up with and until recently had a very slow connection here, which didnt help. 
seen modular layouts before but they dont seem to have had the same forethought or scenic impact, did wonder what happened to the original halt you built as Morfa Bach? as dont think it has appeared on any of the modules yet, was there not room for it on the original morfa bach scheme?

Archived