Georgemas Junction in N

jennarivo

On 07/02/2021 at 10:11, Graham R said:

Hi Ross,

How interesting that the coach survives. Yes, of course you are very welcome to use the photo and thanks for bothering to ask. I’ll see if I can make a sharper scan (but the original was probably blurred).

Good luck with your restoration, I hope to see the final result one day.

Graham

Thank you very much Graham. We'll update the page, but we also want to show the picture to the coach's owner who doesn't 'do' the internet before we do. He used to do a fair amount of Scottish Rail Rovers, so may have traveled in the coach at some point!

We got to filling the coach before we were told not to return to site until COVID had rebated a bit, so we are still waiting to return.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shaun.

I'm in the throes of starting a layout of the railway that never was - the Garve and Ullapool - which would have left the line from Dingwall to Kyle of Lochalsh at Garve. After posting the initial track plan I had a reply saying that I should turn Garve into a version of Georgemas with trains from Dingwall being split for Kyle and Ullapool. This piqued my interest and I was delighted to find an N scale version on RMWeb. The plan was duly amended to include it 

Love it so far. I'll be a happy little modeller if my own efforts meet yours 

Best wishes.

Ollie