Best e-tailer for SNCF Stock

samkiller42

I was in Paris about two and a half weeks ago. We walked up to Rue Douai to check out those shops.  Les Cheminots has closed.  The other three across the street, Transmondia etc remain open and appear to be thriving. One sells vintage models, the second modern HO and the third specializes in N-gauge. A fourth shop, very well stocked has opened beside Les Cheminots former location. Sorry, don’t recall all the names.

Malcolm Turner

Calgary, Canada

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/05/2013 at 09:00, Pacific231G said:

You may find Harry Maynard worth looking at http://www.modelshopuk.com I've bought a few things from him at SNCF Society get togethers and his prices (especially with a 10% discount for SNCF society members) are rather lower than Pierre Dominique's. Pierre Dominique seem to have a good reputation. I've not used them for mail order but have bought off their stands at a couple of French shows where they did hold a good stock.

Hi.  I've used Pierre Dominique several times for parcels to Australia.  I've had no problems.  Their stock is not always well described, so you may need to do some research to be sure that you know what you are ordering is actually what you want.

The freight prices are reasonable, by any standards for shipments to the end of the line, as Australia is.  They also given a 5% discount on every third order.

They carry a lot of ancient stock, such as RMA models and old Lima and Rivarossi.  I got a couple of France Trains carriages from them a few years back now.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone received anything lately from AtelierCJ models? I successfully received one order in early March, but a subsequent order placed on 17 March was acknowledged but is so far unrealised. The delay may well be Covid related, either with AtelierCJ or their etchers (although the item was shown as in stock at the time of order), but several emails requesting information have gone unanswered.

Oddly enough, I've now received a computer-generated update to say my order is ready to be sent :D

Which is great, although a reply to one of my emails would have been nice too.

• 2 months later...

I have used these three recently and happy with the purchases.

French dealer on ebay:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/laiguilleur66?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

French sellers online: 

https://www.jura-modelisme.fr/

https://www.easy-miniatures.com

The ebay seller speaks English well and both sites can be translated into English for online ordering. Everything arrived in good time with good communication.

• 1 month later...

Whilst searching Google for a specific item recently I stumbled across an e-tailer called "Baron du Rail" with a physical store in Caen which I'd never heard of before. I've since placed three different orders with them (about 500€ in total) and the service and delivery has been quick and efficient each time. Prices are very reasonable and additionally, each order seems to come with a nice little discount card for 5-10% off your next purchase (the 5% one has no minimum price IIRC). They can also split payments into 3/4 instalments which can be handy when you want to spread the strain on the old wallet, although that goes through a third-party payment provider so is presumably only available to customers with a French address, or at least a French debit card.

Link to their railway section : https://www.barondurail.com/3-ferroviaire

Alan

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 7 months later...
On 04/08/2012 at 06:26, samkiller42 said:

Ohh, Don't worry, answered my own question, with 12Euros for 48h delivery, Hopefully Pierre will be around the same cost.

Sam

In relation to Pierre Dominique.

I have used them several times and have some comments.

• They don't clarify what is new and what is used.  Unless the 'collector' label refers to 'used' or 'pre-owned' or whatever.
  • For Australia, Colisimo charges increased to 50 EU for minimum spec parcels.  This is in contrast to the DHL average of around 37 EU from the mainstream German shops.
  • The often have specials.  What isn't obvious is that they also often change the 'list' price upwards on some models then apply the discount.
  • Whilst there are bargains there, a lot of their stock is ridiculously overpriced.

That said, the offerings of new releases from REE, LS Models etc are sold for the msrp from those manufacturers.

If you're looking for something unusual, they cover a lot of defunct brands e.g. France Trains RMA etc.  Be prepared to pay for these.

Overall, I don't feel disappointed with any purchases.  I just find some of their sales tactics to be a bit old-world.  Until recently they had a rather confusing and outdated website.  They have upgraded to include mobile-friendly in that description.

Worth a visit, just email then if something isn't clear.

Generally, French sites don't show up in English searches. Internetial discrimination.

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I hope I am asking this question on the correct thread.

I am seeking a source of decals/transfers and paint  for a 'cut and shut' project on a Lima TGV in the blue and silver livery.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Colin

Here you go :

TGV logos (original font) : https://www.latelierdutrain.com/decalcomanie/117387-tgv-infra-decalcomanies-ho-187-tchoutchou-87004.html

SNCF logos (early 90s "casquette") : https://www.latelierdutrain.com/decalcomanie/116068-logos-casquette-sncf-bleu-decalcomanies-ho-187-tchoutchou-87063.html

They're in Orléans but I regularly order online from them for various purchases, everything from spare couplers to DCC sound locomotives. Quick and efficient service each time. They have quite a few paint references as well, searches for "bleu" and "argent" bring up quite a few references.

Alan

Edited by jivebunny
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 years later...

I don’t actually model French SNCF myself I did 30 years ago when the Lima  and Jouef  Ranges we’re pretty much available here in the UK and the detail and locomotive drives well improved and in northern France where I would visit a shop in central Rouen  I now model modern DBAG With the proposed layout based on the north German plane near the Netherlands border I had been looking for a while to complete a rake of NME silo wagons in the livery of  a large agricultural supplier based in the area I am modelling by the name of Bohnhorst, The models were produced a few years ago and I’m now extremely difficult to find online in Germany you see the odd ones on eBay that are sometimes inflated prices however Google search came up with a shop in France by the name of Maketis Who had several of the wagons in stock I placed an order for three and a TILLIG point The items arrived today via Parcelforce excellent quick service (with the exception of Parcelforce taking my tax and VAT and not authorising it to be delivered two days ago ) good communications with the  shop emailing me they  advised me one of the wagons was broken and they would have to send a replacement with a different serial number and was it okay which he was so. In all a good experience with the shop and can recommend them on another note I placed an order with another French online shop with some hard to find rolling stock Pierre Dominique several days ago and have not had any communication at all just the order is in preparation can anybody reflect are they pretty good at stock control as the wagons I have ordered are out of production for about 10 years now and they’re an exceptional price I just don’t want my 200+ euros floating around the system! 
thanks

• RMweb Premium

My experience of PD has been excellent, except as you have found communication.  Order accepted, then nada until a parcel arrives coupled with an email to say you can now claim x off your next order.

• Thanks 1