Farish Class 20 DRS Livery 371-025 Chasis Type?

Vonzack

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what chasis type the Farish Class 20 DRS Livery 371-025 has?

I'm wanting to get one for Nuclear Flask duty and would like to DCC it. So I'd like to know if it's an old poole style chasis needing digi-hat's or if it's a more modern chinese split chasis.

Cheers, Mark.

I'd really wait for the new Farish 20 which is due at some point this year - its in a different league to the old Poole model, and relatively reasonably priced. There are only BR era liveries due in the first batch, so I guess the best option would be to get a conversion pack from TPM to convert into the refurbished DRS condition. Decals are available from Lancaster City Models.

It would probably be quite a long time until Farish release a DRS livery model, as to do it properly several areas would need retooling (whereas the old DRS model you mention is quite a compromise). TPM's kit is designed for the old model, but I'd wager Bernard will issue an updated version for the new model.

Well, took the plunge and got one, but can't see an obvious way into it. I've had a quick tug at the battery box and it doesn't seem to want to come away from the chasis, likewise the body. Any tips on how to open these things up?

Well, took the plunge and got one, but can't see an obvious way into it. I've had a quick tug at the battery box and it doesn't seem to want to come away from the chasis, likewise the body. Any tips on how to open these things up?

The body is secured to the chassis by a screw. It you remove nose end moulding you'll find it. The model should have information about dismantling and servicing with it though.

Carl

Archived