York MRS 2013

john new

The final details for the Show are now pretty much settled. The Show Guide is being finalised ready to go to the printers, just the hall plan and a few adverts to sort.  The website will be updated as details become available.  Advanced tickets will be available into March, but we cannot gaurantee the post, so the early you apply for your tickets the better.

Hope to see many RM webbers at York over Easter

Peter

i will be there friday to set up then sat & monday

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Final show updates added to Demonstrators & Societies page and the Traders page today. (NB layouts list - work in progress should be uploaded tomorrow) 

News page on the YMRS website will be updated with any late changes as fast as possible.  However once the show committee head to the Knavesmire for set up internet access becomes patchy therefore over the show period  our Facebook page is the fastest way to get late breaking updates so why not pop over and like us now!

• RMweb Gold

Final show updates added to Demonstrators & Societies page and the Traders page today. (NB layouts list - work in progress should be uploaded tomorrow) 

News page on the YMRS website will be updated with any late changes as fast as possible.  However once the show committee head to the Knavesmire for set up internet access becomes patchy therefore over the show period  our Facebook page is the fastest way to get late breaking updates so why not pop over and like us now!

List of layouts for York 2013 now live as promised yesterday.

Cheers Phil. I think we just used the contact name on the stuff that we send out to keep the list a bit shorter!  So the heading doesn't always reflect the facts!

A quick note on advanced tickets if I may. Only a few weeks left now, so the sooner you get your requests in the better.  Adults £7, Chidren £4 and Family £18 otherwise £8, £4 and £20 on the door. As well as entry 15mins before the doors really open.

Also please don't forget to enclose a stamped self addressed envelope for the tickets to be sent to you.  I do have a ticket request here that I cannot fulfill as I have no enveope or any contact details. I usually send the tickets out the day after I receive the request, so if you have applied for two tickets earlier this week and don't get them by about Wednesday then please PM me.

Look forward to seeing RMWebbers at the Show

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Please note a mistake in the layouts list, the 7mm narrow.gauge layout Ashbourne(Park road ) is owned by the Trent Valley Area Group of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association, Tim Allsopp is the contact for the group not the owner.

thanks

Phil T. 

Corrected now, with my apologies too as per Peter L's above.  Correction delayed by temporary lack of internet connection!

Just a reminder about advanced tickets, Applications must be received by the 21st March, two weeks today, otherwise we cannot be sure that you will get the tickets in time!

Please make sure that you enclose a stamped self addressed envelope with your application, along with the cheque for the correct amount.  Advanced tickets are discounted and cost:- Adult £7, Child £4 and Family £18

Peter

Guest Tom F

A further gentle reminder that only a week to go now for requesting advance tickets.  For printable booking sheet go to our advance tickets page

Edit = forgot to paste the link first time (duh!)

Sent for mine two days ago. :)

• RMweb Gold

Also thank you to the recent likers on our Facebook Page and a repeat of the above info', any late breaking changes and announcements will be on Facebook within minutes so if you are an FB user head over to our YMRS FB page and hit the like button.

Reason - we don't have wi-fi access at the venue to update the website.

• RMweb Gold

Now confirmed - Regular bus service No. 197 from the Railway Station to the Racecourse will be running all 3 days.

Mal

As part of the regular checks on the website pre-show the travel page updated today.  York bus services have altered recently so if you previously caught an 11 bus you can't any longer but visitors coming on the Saturday should note the regular local bus services 15 & 21 also link to the Racecourse.  Hot links to the timetables for those two routes now added on the YMRS travel page.  Unfortunately neither run on Sundays or Bank Holidays so are no help on the other show days.  I also noted that the Saturday through East Midlands Trains service from St Pancras is back on again this year which might benefit anyone traveling up from the midlands. Again hot link to relevant timetable is on our travel page.

I also simplified the travel page given that so many of you now have sat navs and don't need the road notes info.. If you haven't a sat nav you are not forgotten though; the detailed route directions are still there but now on a separate page and are also now available for printing off as a pdf to have in the car.

• RMweb Gold

Advance ticket service closed to new applications today. Tickets available on the door on the day. Hoping to see all you RMWebers over Easter. 10:00am to 5pm Sat & Sun. (16:30 Mon)

Guest Tom F

Tom, Have they arrived yet?  Trying to see how long they take once they leave me.

Cheers

Peter

Apologies Peter only just checked back here. Mine arrived last weekend I think. Will be there on Sunday. :)

Just a reminder that there are NO SENIOR CITIZENS CONCESSION TICKETS this year.

The admission prices are:

Adults, (anyone over 16 years) £8

Children (5 - 15 years) £4  (under 5 years free)

Family (2A + 3C) £20

Admission fee on entering represents day membership of the York Model Railway Show as laid down in the constition.

Look forward to seeing many RM Web memebers over Easter.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Also thank you to the recent likers on our Facebook Page and a repeat of the above info', any late breaking changes and announcements will be on Facebook within minutes so if you are an FB user head over to our YMRS FB page and hit the like button.

Reason - we don't have wi-fi access at the venue to update the website.

Last day for day-time web-site updates will be tomorrow.  Any urgent breaking news will on facebook as fast as possible as we can update that by phone over the show period but will only have standard internet access in the evenings. 

Lost property & temporary contact number - The YMRS Information Stand during the show will receive and hold lost property and make appropriate announcements via the "Racecourse tannoy" system to try to reunite property with owners. If the item is unclaimed, but we are able to contact the owner from details available, this action will be taken in order to arrange an acceptable outcome. All other lost property items will be passed to the Racecourse at the end of the Show on Monday.  

If you get home and think that you lost something whilst attending the show please ring  or ideally text the Show Information Desk on 07866 526 639 (Mobile) during show hours (answering message service available overnight).  The same mobile phone number may also be used for this purpose for a few days after the show closes.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year! North East Wales has two/three foot of snow (plus drifts)  on most of our (uncleared) roads, my car and the drive, means I won't be getting out, at least until after the bank holiday!!!

Have a good show!

Tony

Archived