Towcester

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

I hope Nobby has found some old cassettes for the cassette player so you all can be entertained on your journey. 

Have fun.

Cassettes? If it's the same old van that they usually use, it'll have an 8-track.................

• RMweb Premium

Cassettes? If it's the same old van that they usually use, it'll have an 8-track.................

Even I am not that old to have had an eight track cassette.

When I was doing my trade training in the army, one of our sergeants had an eight track thingy in his car which at the time he was rightly proud of. He use to be kind enough to take me home at weekends. His collection of tapes wan't very large, I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't like the Bee Gees. :music:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hello

Just a short note to say that 'Towcester' won the Conway Cup for best in show at Kendal exhibition this lat weekend. Yippee!

Cheers

George 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Just a short note to say that 'Towcester' won the Conway Cup for best in show at Kendal exhibition this lat weekend. Yippee!

Cheers

George 

Well done George.

Well done George.

And Nobby.....................................................................

Very much enjoyed watching this layout at Kendal, well done on gettiing the cup!

Ian B

Thank you Ian, we had a great time at a really good show.

Hello

Wrong. George built the 'gay' signal box Simon. Anyway it was all a partnetrship wasn't it. If I remember rightly you are still part of the team though you are on maternity leave at the moment.

Thank-you Ian for the kind words, glad you liked it.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

Sadly we were given the wrong award so we are going to swap it over at Glasgow. The good news is that the replacement is bigger. 15 minutes of fame or what.

Cheers

George                                                         

Hello

Thank-you rob, glad you enjoyed it. The layout will be at DEMU Show-case in June.

Cheers

George

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 9 months later...

Hello

Towcester will be appearing at the National Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough on 7th and 8th of December 2019. Please say hello if you are coming along. As well as myself the othe crew members will be Richard Coleman and the fragrant and ever lovely John 'Nobby' Norton. See you there.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2019 at 12:38, George Woodcock said:

Hello

Thank-you rob, glad you enjoyed it. The layout will be at DEMU Show-case in June.

Cheers

George

Now Showcase in June 2020

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Just a little reminder that Towcester is getting ready for our last show this year. It's next show afer this will be at Biggleswade on February 15th 2020 and then Glasgow on February 21/22/23/2/2020. We just keep on rolling on.

Cheers

George

• 2 months later...

Hello

After our successful and pleasant excursion to Biggleswade we are looking forward to our trip to Glasgow next weekend. This is a return visit to Scotland on the slightly spurious grounds that it is five feet longer than on its last visit five years ago. It also has some different rolling stock as well.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Nobby (John) said:

One guest operator, and yes ill be there after my sojourn to the UAE.

UAE? Is that a hospital emergency department?

Hope you are getting better.

Keep taking the tablets.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Hello

We are all guest operators on life's long railroad track Mick

Cheers

George

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Towcester's last show at DEMU Showcase was very successful if a bit of a sad farewell but all good things come to an end. The layout is now in its lock-up awaiting disposal so if any-one is interested in making a reasonable offer for it please contact me or John. The DCC power equipment is not included in the sale as it is being used on our last two surviving layouts. Some of the rolling stock is available separately subject to negotiation. 

Cheers

George

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2