Towcester

Nobby (John)

Hello

You can play the 'game of what if' with any number of closed lines. We have done it with 'Brixworth Station' as well as Towcester. Fenchurch St Peter is also a slightly modified original  though not brough up to a later date. You need to have a reasonable reason for doing it and also plausible means to operate in a later guise. Glad you liked it and I wish you well with your ideas.

Cheers

George

I do like the concept I have often wondered about the S and D in a similar vein. How about the East Somerset being connected at Sheppton Mallet with stone trains going both north and south. Passenger services in the hands of 33/1 and 4TC. One day.......

Keith

No reason why not Keith, go for it.

Hello

The new stock rake is now complete and finished, also a couple of new vehicles to add to an existing train. See them at Kendal in a fortnight's time.

Cheers

George

Hello

Glad you liked the article, the game of 'what if' is such good fun.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Hi George

I too liked the waffle you wrote justifying Towcester having a rail service well past its real closing date. Well done mate.

I thought the whole edition of this months Modeller was very good, the fish vans, the LMS/BR five plank wagons and the layouts. It isn't often I buy a railway modelling magazine but this was a good one.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hello

Thank-you for your kind comments Clive, glad you enjoyed it. Yes I thought the Modeller was good this month but then I would say that wouldn't I.

Cheers

George     

• Like 1

Hello

Thank-you for your kind comments Clive, glad you enjoyed it. Yes I thought the Modeller was good this month but then I would say that wouldn't I.

Cheers

George     

I thought it was a good article too............

Hello

Glad you thought it was good, after all you got a name check --twice!! See you in the morning friend.

Cheers

George

Very good to see George and his support crew today venture South of the Watford services.

George has let slip the next Masterpiece that will be on the way soon, I'm sure Nobby will have a Trade show to go to on its debut though!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What you having on your pizza Clive.

Cheese, bacon, chicken (well I think it was) peppers, onion and some other stuff. I think the eldest chose it. The rest of the family think I am boring because if they let me choose it is just cheese and tomato but that is what I like.

Hello

It was nice to go to Canterbury yesterday and see so many old friends and some very fine layouts and of course to bid farewell to TWY on this farewell performance, (at least for now). There did seem to be more operators than there were trains on the layout which is saying something. We had a nice, safe journey home, in my case to a cold house with no heat or hot water. wonderful. All the best for the team today. See you at Kendal.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1