Towcester

Nobby (John)

Fantastic layout.

Hope to get to see it one day.

I am one of the chaps on the SMJR site and was pointed to this from there. Nice to see a model of bridge 149 (Olney branch one) after taking a number of photos of it in the hope someone could model it one day.

I once tried Towcester to full scale in N and i was huge! I did not get far sadly especially asI moved house twice and the boards were sadly nottransported well and the trackwork damaged so it was all scrapped in the end sadly.

ATVB

G

• Like 1

Fantastic layout.

Hope to get to see it one day.

I am one of the chaps on the SMJR site and was pointed to this from there. Nice to see a model of bridge 149 (Olney branch one) after taking a number of photos of it in the hope someone could model it one day.

I once tried Towcester to full scale in N and i was huge! I did not get far sadly especially asI moved house twice and the boards were sadly nottransported well and the trackwork damaged so it was all scrapped in the end sadly.

ATVB

G

Thank you for your comments.

The layout will be making its debut at the Stafford show in February 2014.

• Like 1

Hello

The good lord being willing it will be there; hopefully working, although not all of the planned rolling stock will be there. For that you will have to wait for it's next appearance at Glasgow in 2015. I just have to live that long. In the meantime the fiddle yards fascia panels are now varnished and an almost complete rake of Parkside 16t mineral wagons are nearly finished. lots more to go.The station area is waiting for signage but this should be done by next week. This weekend we shall be attaching a lot of wires, fitting point motors etc. 

Cheers

George

• Like 2

Hello

The good lord being willing it will be there; hopefully working, although not all of the planned rolling stock will be there. For that you will have to wait for it's next appearance at Glasgow in 2015. I just have to live that long. In the meantime the fiddle yards fascia panels are now varnished and an almost complete rake of Parkside 16t mineral wagons are nearly finished. lots more to go.The station area is waiting for signage but this should be done by next week. This weekend we shall be attaching a lot of wires, fitting point motors etc. 

Cheers

George

We!!!!

I can feel a visit to Maplins coming on.

Despite George collapsing into a bowl of curry on Saturday night and spending some time in Northampton General we managed to at least put all the point motors in place.

And just to be clever we tested the track with a Class 25.

Great news all sections live and operational, bad news, drove to 25 straight off the end of one of the scenic boards and onto the floor cab first!!!!

Anyway a couple of photos of the point motors in place using the Paul Wade DCC installation manual........

And just for Mick Bryan another photo of the "gay" signal box.

post-7045-0-89895500-1382295539_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-19894000-1382295684_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-03655200-1382295764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nobby (John)
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Despite George collapsing into a bowl of curry on Saturday night and spending some time in Northampton General we managed to at least put all the point motors in place.

And just to be clever we tested the track with a Class 25.

Great news all sections live and operational, bad news, drove to 25 straight off the end of one of the scenic boards and onto the floor cab first!!!!

Hi John

Is the old boy OK, hate to see a 25 damaged.

By the way how is George?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive

The 25 is being repaired and is recoverable.

George was stung by a bee yesterday and reacted quite badly, he took a big of a turn last night but is ok tonight.

Hi John

Glad to hear both the old fella and the 25 are OK. 

I am now concerned about the bee, what did George do to upset it. :O

Seriously it cannot be much fun if you do react to an insect sting.

Hi John

Glad to hear both the old fella and the 25 are OK. 

I am now concerned about the bee, what did George do to upset it. :O

Seriously it cannot be much fun if you do react to an insect sting.

He was using a strimmer and hit a bees nest!!!!!

Hello

Fear not, I am OK after my trip to A&E on Saturday night. The bee alas isn't. The class 25 is also well on the road to recovery after some fairly major surgery. The work goes on as you can see and hopefully by next weekend we should have the whole layout live.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

by next weekend we should have the whole layout live.

Cheers

George 

Far more entertaining than X Factor Live !!!

• Like 1

Hello

All the station signs are now in place. I would like to thank Adam Warr of Electra Graphics and James Barraclough of Trackside Signs for all their help with these. Also completed our rake of 16T MCVs  for our coal train. We also had our first play with our static grass machine on Sunday. i'm not overly convinced but it adds another dimension to the scenery. Now back to building van-wides.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello

Just a little update to say that the layout went live this afternoon on DCC featuring a Cl33 and a Cl20 making a lot of satisfying noises. Just a few small tweaks to make and it will be fine. We have finally joined the 21st century. Also recently been working on our last new rake of wagons which make up a block train of Esso TTV tanks. These have had new etched walkways and laddering added to correctly model the Esso version of the Bachmann wagon. They have been resprayed and are now just waiting to have transfers fitted and weathering applied. This just leaves 3 more wagon kits to complete and a couple of Bachmann BGs to be re-numbered and weathered and that's it.

Cheers

George

Hello

Just a little update to say that the layout went live this afternoon on DCC featuring a Cl33 and a Cl20 making a lot of satisfying noises. Just a few small tweaks to make and it will be fine. We have finally joined the 21st century. Also recently been working on our last new rake of wagons which make up a block train of Esso TTV tanks. These have had new etched walkways and laddering added to correctly model the Esso version of the Bachmann wagon. They have been resprayed and are now just waiting to have transfers fitted and weathering applied. This just leaves 3 more wagon kits to complete and a couple of Bachmann BGs to be re-numbered and weathered and that's it.

Cheers

George

I

Along with LED lighting for the lighting rig........... Very modern for 2 old codgers

At my age, I feel that the title "old codger" is far too official. I slip into (and sometimes by accident too) the "old fart" brigade. I regrettably missed you at HW due to having two grandsons who were getting bored. I will look Towcester out next year though!