St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

That's quite a collection mate. Are you hinting at a future layout with a Western flavour?!?

I take it they are all GWR locos?? Or is my eyesight leading me astray?!?

They are all GWR apart from the lonely 8F in the background.

They are what's left from a previous layout, I still have boxes with Panniers and the like in...there is no hope for me :(

• 2 months later...

Well Paul, ive been to Florida for 2 weeks. And also got promoted at work.

so its been a very hectic last few months.

also been working on some EM gauge stuff for future exhibitions, grotty DMU's etc.

What about you, mate? Hows foster street coming along?

jack

Well Paul, ive been to Florida for 2 weeks. And also got promoted at work.

so its been a very hectic last few months.

also been working on some EM gauge stuff for future exhibitions, grotty DMU's etc.

What about you, mate? Hows foster street coming along?

jack

Well we took Foster street to its first exhibition

Work has been crazy, and as like most of us there is not time and too much modelling

Oh and I need to find new justifications for yet more locomotives,

What have you been promoted to?

Hope the show went well mate! Its good fun.

yes never enough time for modelling, maybe a shelf (shelves) to store the new additions?

Now a senior Health Care Assistant. Which means i get a set rota so thursdays are normally my man cave day lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jack

I have been admiring your layout of St Agnes and am currently creating a display of the same.  In fact, it started out as a layout for my grandson and I, firstly creating the station as it was in the 1970's, derelict and no track, then I decided to create the layout, dating around 1949/1950, but word got round and I have been contacted by the St Agnes Museum who want it as a permanent display for their forthcoming Spring season, featuring the railway in St Agnes.  They have obtained one of the original nameplates from the signal box, plus a number of other artefacts.  I have to finish the display by February and am now in the last stages, which should complete in around 4-5 weeks.

I joined RMWeb about two years ago, but have never been able to create my own page.  Any thought on this?  Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks, Mike

post-17866-0-40651400-1420498300.jpgpost-17866-0-87399400-1420498685.jpgpost-17866-0-03052900-1420499229.jpgpost-17866-0-16453100-1420499432.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Mike,

That's looking really good, you"ve definitely captured the ambience of the station.

Are you local to St Agnes ?

As for adding your own thread, from the home page, choose "Layout topics" and there is a button near the top right marked "Start new topic".

Fill in the details and away you go.

Oh, and I'm also making a model of St Agnes... see my Stubby Branchline thread.

Stu

Mike,

That's looking really good, you"ve definitely captured the ambience of the station.

Are you local to St Agnes ?

As for adding your own thread, from the home page, choose "Layout topics" and there is a button near the top right marked "Start new topic".

Fill in the details and away you go.

Oh, and I'm also making a model of St Agnes... see my Stubby Branchline thread.

Stu

Many thanks for that, Stu  I actually live in Falmouth and used to travel on the line when I was a boy. Will have a look at your thread.  I'll keep you posted on things and thanks for the tip. 

Good evening Mike.

Very nice St.Agnes your building. As Stu has said captured the atmosphere very well.

i will be sure to pop into the museum and have a look at the layout, during the spring.

progress on my version of st.Agnes is not as rapid im afraid, but slowly getting there bit by bit.

Also, glad to see you have started your own thread on RMweb, and will look forward to seeing some progress.

all the best,

Jack.

NB: look at the cornwall railway society's website for lots of brilliant photographs of the branchline.

Archived