St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

Hi Jack

How's progress?

Unlike you to be so quiet for so long!!!!!!!

Cheers Bill

I think he's fallen asleep on the platform waiting for a train to arrive at St Agnes ;)

Evening all!

Thanks for the comments. Nearly a month with no post, I must be slacking, or snoozing!

Had a bit of a crazy few weeks, new job is keeping me entertained, and with this nice weather(ish) domestic chores etc keeping me quiet.

Im sure some updates on St.Agnes are well overdue!! Better get into gear and get cracking.

Cheers for now.

Jack

The wider Platform will look good Jack, will the points be Electrofrog, or Insulfrog?

Andy :sungum:

The only problem with a platform that's too wide a short layout uis that it makes the platform appear shorter than it is. A narrow platform has the opposite effect and makes the platform look longer. Optical illusion and all that.

The only problem with a platform that's too wide a short layout uis that it makes the platform appear shorter than it is. A narrow platform has the opposite effect and makes the platform look longer. Optical illusion and all that.

Or you could build a scale length and width platform ;)

Andy, just squint from afar and all will be good! Haha. No seriously, I think thinner is the way forward due to the layout being a squeezed version of st.Agnes, leaving out one of the sidings on the Chacewater end.

But aslong as I can get 3 coaches plus a decent sized loco into the platform I'll be happy.

Got myself some glue, I can now start work on the platform and cork trackbed. But being distracted, as I've looked into the history of my local street and realised there was once a tram line in front of my house, need to get out more...!

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in . I've not disappeared!

Nothing to report im afraid, lost all interest for a bit, im sure my "mojo" will come back soon enough. Been doing work on the car and saving for my holidays. Payday soon so maybe an order off Hattons will boost my enthusiasm?!

Cheers for now,

Jack

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul. Nothing to report on St.Agnes, lost interest for a while, again!

Couldn't get the track / turnouts working properly so gave up, but im determined to get it done and working.

Cheers

Jack

Jack - don't give up, too many modellers give up, do what I do when I reach a point of frustration, Don't go away and think of the solution, find another job to do and go at in like a bull in a china shop. Then you will have loads of new frustrations/problems to take your mind on the original problems, plus if you use superglue you have the problem of de-sticking your fingers too

Well some enthusiasm is re-kindled.

I've started relaying the cork trackbed. Ready for track to be laid down. But some more thought is needed for what track to use. Do I go down the EM route? I've always wanted to model EM but always been put off by track building but with some careful planning I will make the right choice. (Whatever that may be)

For now though, I think St.Agnes will be a semi permanent home layout. So I can carry on the build with out any pressure of deadlines etc.

And build it up at a reasonable pace.

Well proof in the pudding, here is some heavy weights holding down the cork 'till the glue dries.

post-13209-0-79525000-1401198457_thumb.jpg

Thanks for now,

More will be posted up soon.

Jack

Well some enthusiasm is re-kindled.

I've started relaying the cork trackbed. Ready for track to be laid down. But some more thought is needed for what track to use. Do I go down the EM route? I've always wanted to model EM but always been put off by track building but with some careful planning I will make the right choice. (Whatever that may be)

For now though, I think St.Agnes will be a semi permanent home layout. So I can carry on the build with out any pressure of deadlines etc.

And build it up at a reasonable pace.

Well proof in the pudding, here is some heavy weights holding down the cork 'till the glue dries.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140527_144029.jpg

Thanks for now,

More will be posted up soon.

Jack

Its about time you got back to some modelling you lazy sod lol :) Now if you only modelled a decent railway like the LMS.....

I embarked into track building with some trepidation, just wanting better-looking track, but actually found it to be a lot of fun and very satisfying. give it a try, you might like it. :)

Hello Jeremy, Paul & Fender.

Thanks for the comments, its good to be back.

Fender, I have seen your P4 efforts and it looks very good indeed. And tempted to try C&L turnout kits, with the blades and frogs already filed down and assembled.

See what happens, eh!

Thanks

Jack

Hello Jeremy, Paul & Fender.

Thanks for the comments, its good to be back.

Fender, I have seen your P4 efforts and it looks very good indeed. And tempted to try C&L turnout kits, with the blades and frogs already filed down and assembled.

See what happens, eh!

Thanks

Jack

Go for it - you won't look back.

Get a c&l kit with ready made 'v's and blades and a good set of gauges.

Thanks Damian!

I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. (Oh dear no pun intended)!!

Been looking at Black Country Blues and EM gauge 70's Web page for inspiration on the track work, and also back-to-back conversions, loco's and wagons etc.

Jack

Thanks Damian!

I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. (Oh dear no pun intended)!!

Been looking at Black Country Blues and EM gauge 70's Web page for inspiration on the track work, and also back-to-back conversions, loco's and wagons etc.

Jack

IK must admit if I was going to look at 4mm. EM would be the route I would like to take

I think EM is totally worth the effort.

I really like the look of the track work on layouts such as BCB's and Shenston road, DitD, etc.

Once the cork is all down and flat, I can start to think about products from C&L.

But first is cracking the secret code of 'Templot' ...still baffles me!

Jack

Archived