The human side of the railway...

• RMweb Gold

I would agree Euston. 

I was gonna south end of new st, plat 10-11 side looking down from the bullring wall

No location cases on the platforms at New Street

If you mean New St Derby end then Plat 10 has the connection from the Stour Lines coming in which would be roughly above the drivers head.  The image is the wrong way round to be the other end. I'm now convinced it is Euston, my only doubt is whether it is Platform 4 or Platform 2 but I'm leaning towards P4.

Edit.  There is also a carriage watering point in the 6ft which were a feature of Euston for many years.

New Street also had carriage watering facilities, between platforms 4/5 and 6/7 for the long distance trains between the south/south west and Scotland.

• RMweb Premium

Going back to that electric loco shot at Euston / New St. I'm 99.9% sure it's Euston plat 4, with the picture taken from the ramp leading to plats 2/3. The reflection in the centre cab window is Hampstead Road.

I think it might be Euston, and if so, I'd say platform 2 rather than platform 4. If you compare the photos I posted on another thread (rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140103-london-euston-1982-1983-in-em/#entry3390321) the Loc's are 'off' the end of platform 4 and the ramp, but the Loc's are on the ramp of platform 2, as per the photo with the Electric and the driver on the phone. Of course, it might not be Euston at all, in which case I'm totally wrong.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think it might be Euston, and if so, I'd say platform 2 rather than platform 4. If you compare the photos I posted on another thread (rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140103-london-euston-1982-1983-in-em/#entry3390321) the Loc's are 'off' the end of platform 4 and the ramp, but the Loc's are on the ramp of platform 2, as per the photo with the Electric and the driver on the phone. Of course, it might not be Euston at all, in which case I'm totally wrong.

It is platform 4/5.

Platforms 2/3 were much longer. there wasn't another platform only two tracks away at the top of the ramp..

The locations on platforms 4/5 were in the platform ramp and they went down hill as in the picture.

Platform 6/7 was only slightly shorter and only two tracks between 4/5 and 6/7 at the  ramp end. 

Edit

Ian, look at the 4th picture in your post 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140103-london-euston-1982-1983-in-em/#entry3390321

It is from Platform 3 looking at 4/5 , 6/7.....

Eric

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

• RMweb Premium

It is platform 4/5.

Platforms 2/3 were much longer. there wasn't another platform only two tracks away at the top of the ramp..

The locations on platforms 4/5 were in the platform ramp and they went down hill as in the picture.

Platform 6/7 was only slightly shorter and only two tracks between 4/5 and 6/7 at the  ramp end. 

Edit

Ian, look at the 4th picture in your post 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140103-london-euston-1982-1983-in-em/#entry3390321

It is from Platform 3 looking at 4/5 , 6/7.....

Eric

Thanks Eric, I understand the layout in relation to the photos better now and agree it is platforms 4/5.

• Like 1

Bit of a random find this one, I was searching for period photos of Rover P5s when this turned up, Phil the Greek on a Royal visit to Coventry c.1962 during the complete remodelling of Coventry station with what appears to be a temporary entrance set up behind...

post-7638-0-59372200-1547067548_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Bit of a random find this one, I was searching for period photos of Rover P5s when this turned up, Phil the Greek on a Royal visit to Coventry c.1962 during the complete remodelling of Coventry station with what appears to be a temporary entrance set up behind...

40066100_10216781343836719_2170613176465358848_n.jpg

The Prince of Denmark and the Belaerics certainly had the better tailor, unsurprisingly!

C6T.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Won't be seeing this again for a few months...

And I cannot get that image to rotate!!!

For any portrait photo, I always open it in Irfanview, rotate it one way, then back again, then Save in original folder which overwrites the file, and it posts correctly. I'm sure some system whizz will be able to say why it works, but I haven't a clue.

• Like 1