The human side of the railway...

• RMweb Gold

Interesting to see the lad on the right has the de rigueur Adidas bag while his companion has gone for a more up market option.

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Dowers said:

I remember that day! That briefcase of Mutley's ended up with class 40 nameplate stickers all over it :)

You all look rather more 'cool' than I suspect we did 20 years before, when windcheater jackets, army-surplus rucksacks and duffel bags were about as good as it got. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Photo by Brian McCulloch : 31 111 and 31 182 at Brum New St in 1982 with a Motor Show special from Gloucester...

31s NEW ST 1982 31 111 & 182 Brian McCulloch Jnr.jpg

Ha! This reminds me of this shot of mine from 3rd August 1965 taken at Haymarket station, Edinburgh. That's D5338 on the right. More of an age of innocence then, I think?

(Young cousin and brother centre stage).

344781684_(718dS)DavidEricD5323D5338EdinburghHaymarket3-8-65(TE).jpg.b9776003b17d470fc83168ff97ecac96.jpg

Trevor

• Like 17

My spotting mate Geoff' 'The Milky Bar Kid' Yates in the mid '70's at SP, looks like he's just conquered Everest, but to be fair we had just ridden our racing bikes about 12 miles on what must have been by the looks of it a very cold day.:lol:

1-3-2018_003gy2gy.jpg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Dowers said:

I remember that day! That briefcase of Mutley's ended up with class 40 nameplate stickers all over it :)

I guess he is now a freemason. Only time I see a briefcase these days are blokes going to the Grand Lodge near Covent Garden tube. ;)

Edited by flapland
  • Funny 1

Admiring glances for an immaculate (on the outside at least) D1041 Western Prince while setting up the display at Winchfield 150 in 1988.

My Dad is in the cab acting as rider owing to his previous 60's/70's hydraulic experience, luckily all went well and no transmission troubles occurred on the day.

img20200330_22150448.jpg

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...