The human side of the railway...

3 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Not to mention a third person's sleeve peeking round the concrete post! :scratchhead:

Jumping Jack Photoshop :lol:

D'you know, I hadn't noticed that!! Ah well, the info on the blue plaque still needs updating!

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Vauxhall station, c.1968....

248387557_4977619105595485_4826085281583326154_n.jpg.47b2fd33e7edd7d301c588b7a7dd2d45.jpg

Blimey that’s a rare album!! Bob Brunning’s claim to fame was he was the original bass player with Fleetwood Mac as John McVie wouldn’t join as he was earning a regular wage with John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers (despite the group’s name already being based on his and Mick Fleetwood’s names), only joining later allegedly because he thought John Mayall’s music was becoming too jazzy. He’s the guy in the velvet suit waving. Peter Green appears to have returned the favour playing lead guitar on track 2 of this album. Brunning also played in the blues band Savoy Brown after his temporary stint in Fleetwood Mac - then with the band who made this album (and a couple of other albums). He also wrote several books and had a career in education.  Amazing how dirty stations looked in the immediate post steam era (and built up areas in general - from pre smokeless zone household coal use as well). 

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

Blimey that’s a rare album!! Bob Brunning’s claim to fame was he was the original bass player with Fleetwood Mac as John McVie wouldn’t join as he was earning a regular wage with John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers (despite the group’s name already being based on his and Mick Fleetwood’s names), only joining later allegedly because he thought John Mayall’s music was becoming too jazzy. He’s the guy in the velvet suit waving. Peter Green appears to have returned the favour playing lead guitar on track 2 of this album. Brunning also played in the blues band Savoy Brown after his temporary stint in Fleetwood Mac - then with the band who made this album (and a couple of other albums). He also wrote several books and had a career in education.  Amazing how dirty stations looked in the immediate post steam era (and built up areas in general - from pre smokeless zone household coal use as well). 

"Baby you're the real thing" is almost a Dr.Feelgood demo. A great album and some outstanding blues guitar on there. All of this from a great shared photo. 

Well done chaps!

Regards

Guy

• Like 3

Or was it payday at Eastleigh? It reminded me of queuing for that little tin on a Thursday at Banbury. I thought it odd that your booking on number, mine was 381 was different to your paycheck number, 157. When I went to Bescot my booking on Number was 157! £20/24 and we thought we were rich!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike 84C said:

Or was it payday at Eastleigh? It reminded me of queuing for that little tin on a Thursday at Banbury. I thought it odd that your booking on number, mine was 381 was different to your paycheck number, 157. When I went to Bescot my booking on Number was 157! £20/24 and we thought we were rich!

I think you're probably right Mike, more like pay day. I remember my pay number when I started at Stonebridge Park, it was 9000, a Deltic no less!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The driver of 90036 has a chat with the little girl and her dad after we had alighted from the UK Railtours Blackpool excursion at Rugby last night. Lovely to see this interaction. Storming run from Birmingham non-stop at high speed through International and Coventry. 90024 was on the rear having taken the train to Blackpool via Stoke. 

Regards

Guy20211127_221606.jpg.ddd33136b088859e4a9e1b77f8510a56.jpg

• Like 18