Badgers Cross Modern 00 gauge loft layout DCC

Thesmudge

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Smudge,

It is an amazing layout you have created, very humbling!!

I am about to embark on my first layout since I was 12 a mere 20 years ago. It is going to be a small sectional layout but I do have plans on adding it into a loft layout. My loft is very similiar in style to yours.

Would it be possible for a layout plan with some dimensions and how you fitted it around joists and water tanks?

It would be very helpful and give me some inspiration. Also do you have any problems with condensation and the extreme temperatures?

Kind Regards

Toby

Hi thanks for the post Maisie 1

I don't actually have a layout plan but I could try and grap a couple of fish eye pics of the track for you. Regarding temperature it does get cold in the winter but there has not been any real issues from it, condensation is minimal and not an issue.

Cheers Tom.

• RMweb Gold

Another successful running session was hasn't us both last night. A few vids to hopefully entertain you.

Hope you enjoy them, any feedback is welcomed.

Just found this thread & read it from start to finish - what a cracking layout! Love the detailing and the feel of it. I'm really impressed by the laser cut details and the 3D printed scrap wagons. Most definately now a follower. 

Thanks

Sam

• RMweb Gold

Finally got round to starting a long anticipated conversion. Been collecting all the bits for it over the last couple of weeks, including a full set of lights.

image_zpsd22ef4fe.jpg

Take one bargain Rf metals Bachmann 37.

image_zps43b8aeb9.jpg

Remove all add on detail parts, windows and noses.

image_zpsf044caab.jpg

Fill one window in as per prototype, add extra roof mounted parts and prep for paint. Can you tell what it's to be yet?

image_zps38f45bfd.jpg

Body 90% complete, noses are the next challenge. Have a full set of lights to add to the PH noses and the roof mounted headlight. Chassis and bogies have also been fully detailed as per prototype. Will also be fitted with Legomanbiffo sound once I return from my summer holiday.

Hi Mr Smudge and brother

....................................... Since you took the trouble to call in on our HF layout I thought I would take you up on your invitation and here I am.

I note the date of your first posting was in August of last year and if that is when you started  then you are making excellent progress.  I think

your varied assortment of loco's etc look very nice so can I take that the term modern image is only very loosely applied ?   or does bruv  slip

the odd older loco or DMU on the layout when you are not looking ?...... I do so like your video's, as you will have gathered we started making 

movies for the first time last weekend and we still have much to learn.      Happy modeling and all the best

Cheers

John....CE to HF

Horseley Fields - N Gauge layout (was Dibben Junction) - Layout topics - RMweb - Page 8

Hi thanks for the kind comments, the layout was started in August, it has not had much done to it in recent months but is fun to operate, we aim for modern image however, loco's often get bought with older paint jobs and slowly get converted over. It's all about just having fun. Saying tat I have five more 3D printed wagons I should remember to pick up from work next week! Keep forgetting.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I updated this thread and its been even longer since I have really made any progress with the layout. The weather has made it impossible to go into loft for any length of time so that's one reason, the other is I have been focussing on learning to TIG weld and i have been making loads of parts for cars including supercharger brackets and inlet plenums etc.

Anyway, I decided that I should spend more time doing something on the layout, so now that most of my larger welding jobs are complete I have cleared the workbench so that I can paint and model in the cool.

To that end I have been/in the process of weathering a few wagons and painting a loco, and I popped up into the loft and made a path in the TMD area! (But I don't like it so I need to spend more time on that).

31C8F3E1-4D0E-4D21-9C0F-D1C20D4A70C0-381

3779A7F2-4189-4B13-929F-2796AF5040FB-381

4BFE1156-DFAB-4C2C-9CDD-686A7B9A96BB-381

80F37FB3-B528-4B2A-B01B-771968428DF2-381

Love coming for a good lurk on this layout. Always great progress! Nice work.

It's been a while since I updated this thread and its been even longer since I have really made any progress with the layout. The weather has made it impossible to go into loft for any length of time so that's one reason, the other is I have been focussing on learning to TIG weld and i have been making loads of parts for cars including supercharger brackets and inlet plenums etc.

That is the most valid excuse ever for not doing any modelling, second only to 'the wife/girlfriend/fiance/mistress needed some "attention", if you know what i mean.'

If you've got any spare supercharger bits for my car i probably wouldn't say no! (GM 6.2L LS3. 430bhp is just getting boring now, it needs a blower!)

Thanks guys!

I have been making the most of Te weather and have been painting my class 56 into a modern colour scheme. It's actually taken me ages, ts the first repaint I have done and it's been a real learning experience! I started of with some very weak yellow paint and was brushing it on... It ended up being very think in the edges and still did not cover the flat areas on the cab, so this was carefully scrapped off and I started again with new paint, not happy with the brush marks I sanded it all back, bought a compressor and have recently cracked on with it. The compressor is by far my best purchase! I really am looking forward to using it more in the near future.

Anyway, painted awaiting transfers, please dont be to harsh as said its my first and I have learnt a lot from it!

E72DEBDE-F631-4849-AC15-C940DBE1B7B9-381

Also pickup up a knightwing portakabin kit, very impressed with the kit actually. Still need to paint some it's and then weather it.

A35F800D-4B45-49C5-AC85-BAD865D17F44-381

• RMweb Gold

No updates. Because I have been out the country since may. Back end of his month and will get it finished not long after. Plenty of other repaints to start as well.

Thanks for asking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived