Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

I wonder where the Virgin-liveried Mk 3 came from in the 3rd picture?

Hi Liam

AB stock hired in for the modern locos to haul - Came up from Long Marston I think

Phil

• Like 1

That's not snow in May, surely? Having said that I live in the Midlands and one year (2007 if I recall correctly) there was snow in May!

in 1975 there was snow in June!

Edited by meil

• RMweb Gold

Some smashing photos there D9016.....

Looks like you had some good weather!

And D1062 looking great in blue....

Phil

Indeed, excellent pics and many thanks for posting, I really wanted to get to the gala but other commitments prevent me from going. Fantastic line-up this year.

More pics of traction action would be most welcome!

Cheers,

Keith

Not sure if this is the correct place for this request but as it's related to the SVR here goes.

Does anyone have a copy of the WTT for the 2017 Diesel Gala that they no longer require?

I've never been to the SVR, shame on you I hear you all say, but I would like to know how they operate the line under Gala conditions and the WTT seems the ideal source of information.

Here's hoping.

Nigel

Hi Liam

AB stock hired in for the modern locos to haul - Came up from Long Marston I think

Phil

The air braked Mark 2s (Only Mark 2s, no Mark 3s) came from various sites but are owned by Eastern Rail Services.

Edited by Bulleidnutter

Not sure if this is the correct place for this request but as it's related to the SVR here goes.

Does anyone have a copy of the WTT for the 2017 Diesel Gala that they no longer require?

I've never been to the SVR, shame on you I hear you all say, but I would like to know how they operate the line under Gala conditions and the WTT seems the ideal source of information.

Here's hoping.

Nigel

What information on "operating the railway under Gala conditions" do you need? The railway is operated as normal but using every possible passing point/ path. 

Exciting news, along with SR School 926 Repton for the SVR Autumn Gala, Great Eastern Y14 564 and P Class 323 are joining in the event. Just one more loco to be announced now... :)

Ah, nice one, but we're a GWR branch line in the West Midlands, not in East London.

Guest Midland Mole

Exciting news, along with SR School 926 Repton for the SVR Autumn Gala, Great Eastern Y14 564 and P Class 323 are joining in the event. Just one more loco to be announced now... :)

Ooooh, I'm looking forward to that then. :)

Alex

Today was officially my first day of doing volunteer work with the GWR (SVR) Association at Bewdley working on unique GWR Collett Bow End 6045. I can certainly say I left today feeling very pleased that I have helped contribute something to the overall restoration of GWR 6045. It has also made me feel determined to get over to Bewdley again to continue my volunteering. As usual as well photos were done...

34849071355_c8bd6f4576_b.jpg

34849080565_2b0f859402_b.jpg

34849089815_97ff848ec0_b.jpg

34849095295_1da57a92e8_b.jpg

• Like 8