Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

Hi..

Just in case you haven't caught up with this and for amusement, here is the official trailer for the Enola Holmes movie filmed on the SVR and featuring Arley with 2857 'bursting in the station'.....see whether you can spot the one GWR light and dark stone lamp post , that is in camera shot that they forgot to repaint green!

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Mikkel said:

I'm impressed that the other lamp posts were painted at all. Were they actually painted or is it post-filming wizardry?

Hi...The production company had  them painted along with all the other GWR light and dark stone infrastructure that was to be in camera show (save for the signal box and 'distant' items), except for the one lamp post they missed!

The station did look strange for a time, one part green, all other areas of as it should!

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Thanks 1

On 25/09/2020 at 18:51, BobM said:

Hi..

Just in case you haven't caught up with this and for amusement, here is the official trailer for the Enola Holmes movie filmed on the SVR and featuring Arley with 2857 'bursting in the station'.....see whether you can spot the one GWR light and dark stone lamp post , that is in camera shot that they forgot to repaint green!

Regards always

Bob

Really enjoyed this movie. SVR features heavily, though as usual some continuity errors crept in. 2857 changed tender mid-way through a dramatic scene, which it kept for the rest of the film. The replacement was comically oversized and I think, most likely a practical filming prop which was then sliced in with CGI for the wider angles. It gave memories of the 'C-dog' in the early years at the Bluebell with 9017 running with SE&CR 592's tender.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Torn-on-the-platform said:

Really enjoyed this movie. SVR features heavily, though as usual some continuity errors crept in. 2857 changed tender mid-way through a dramatic scene, which it kept for the rest of the film. The replacement was comically oversized and I think, most likely a practical filming prop which was then sliced in with CGI for the wider angles. It gave memories of the 'C-dog' in the early years at the Bluebell with 9017 running with SE&CR 592's tender.

Hi...Haven't viewed the film as yet, but the trailers look 'fun'?

Regards

Bob

• Agree 1

On 27/09/2020 at 11:22, Torn-on-the-platform said:

I rather liked the way they CGI'd in some wild-looking hilly landscapes in the background of Kidderminster, to hide the car park and the diesel shed.  It was pleasing to see that much of the on-train footage was actually shot from a moving train in the AY-HY section, going by the views out of the window.

Overheard some random people in the street talking about how good the film was yesterday, so I was tempted to interject with "apparently, you can even go and ride on the train they used to film it!!!" and see if I could reel some potential passengers in...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had a great day Yesterday with D1015 and 40106 .... and @Downendian, other rmwebbers also spotted ... @AlexRaybouldand his Dad. @D1051 supposed to be there but unfortunately hors de combat since last weekend. Get well soon Mike! 

D1015 only on the one engine but running got better as day went on and 40106 was providing steam heat as well as northbound traction 

Don’t think 40s had this boiler water filler arrangement in BR days? 

6EB50CBE-3311-4660-AF69-DE8DAE24BEA7.jpeg

9B19ED31-A9E8-405C-951C-BFA6FF133251.jpeg

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Great day Phil thanks for treating me! Was great to get amongst the prototypes and have a good chat and put the world to rights with a good friend. Lovely fish and chip supper chez Bullock. 

D1015 looked wonderful despite only apparently running on one Maybach. My favourite diesel electric type 4 was a suitable back up. I took similar photos to Phil, plus I took the opportunity to get some close ups of 40106 for my Lima 40 projects, unfortunately they won't attach from my iPad.

neil 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2020 at 13:50, PenrithBeacon said:

Yep as designed, but it could be a right pain, judging from archive cine, to do from ground level. Non too safe either.

Thanks David missed that. Seem to remember some had scoops fitted too.....

• 1 month later...

Several years ago I had the pleasure of my photo of SVR residing ICI Hopper 19129 being featured in the BRM magazine. Several years I was able to see it's sister hopper 19052 (3252) at Kidderminster Station today following a repaint this month. Really impressed with the job :)

50666314346_4465f02e38_b.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Garethp8873 said:

Several years ago I had the pleasure of my photo of SVR residing ICI Hopper 19129 being featured in the BRM magazine. Several years I was able to see it's sister hopper 19052 (3252) at Kidderminster Station today following a repaint this month. Really impressed with the job :)

Very nice! Has been residing uncared for in the Bewdley triangle for a good while now. Will make a big difference when Foley Park wagon works comes on stream....

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the SVR is going to host some very different motive power..... according to The Railway Centre the Class 56s being re- engineered to Class 69s with Caterpillar engines at Longport are to come for dynamic testing.

• Informative/Useful 4

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...