Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

Lovely couple of days at the SVR.  Walking yesterday, Bewdley to Highley with lunch by Victoria Bridge.   Timed well so as two trains passed including one hauled by 2999.  Reserved compartment today, a bit chilly at 830am but a glorious day in Worcestershire and Shropshire!  Well done SVR on a great event.

David

1D766CA8-DEAB-408F-9A02-EEBF4F106BE4.jpeg

669F4D91-EAE9-4FC4-8975-75775742D205.jpeg

• Like 8

I've only been dipping in and kept missing 2999.

But had a look earlier and there was a post on the sidebar/comments thing saying it was broke. Then there was a load of comments so the important comment disappeared.

Not a biggie, but I only caught it twice. Once at the buffers at Kiddie and leaving with the LNER teaks. Both posted above.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

For the sake of clarity it is a pin in the rocker bar. There is not much room behind it for the nut and certainly not enough room for a cotter. The nut came loose and meant it could move around which damaged the pin. This was removed on Saturday evening, unfortunately one from Hagley Hall was found to be a different size so a new one is being made and fitted this week. The engine went onto the wheel drop yesterday afternoon and should be running again by the end of the week. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Here is the loco on Friday, with motion pin still in place. I had sprinted from the train onto the bridge, as the northbound train was still some way off. Very odd seeing all the intermediate stations closed up and deserted.

I wonder how many people would have noticed if on Sunday they'd just swapped the Lady Of Legend nameplates to 6960? All GWR 4-6-0s look much the same, don't they?!

DSCF0440.JPG

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the one pager very helpful

When the camera's went live I'm certain I was able to scroll back along the red line at the bottom of the screen to see activity say 3 hours ago. I don't seem to be able to do so anymore. I sent a message to the SVR about a week ago and have rec'd no response. I watch a number of live streams on Utube of the activity in Southampton docks and have always been able to 'track back'

Does anyone have a solution or is the problem just my settings perhaps? Live Utube can be very therapeutic but watching nothing moving does not do it for me.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Icknieldrobin said:

Thanks for the one pager very helpful

When the camera's went live I'm certain I was able to scroll back along the red line at the bottom of the screen to see activity say 3 hours ago. I don't seem to be able to do so anymore. I sent a message to the SVR about a week ago and have rec'd no response. I watch a number of live streams on Utube of the activity in Southampton docks and have always been able to 'track back'

Does anyone have a solution or is the problem just my settings perhaps? Live Utube can be very therapeutic but watching nothing moving does not do it for me.

I understand that is the intention that they are only 'live' and you cannot go back in time. I do not remember them going back but only looked for the first time about a week after they went live. 

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

There’s something quite therapeutic about checking in on the SVR webcams every now and again. I’ve been enjoying the diesel gala from afar this weekend. 

We were fortunate enough to visit the other week for the last of ‘Lady of Legend’s’ running days. Here are a few photos of the diesels we saw:BAFE3960-045C-4AF5-8AA4-EFCBCD04BFD8.jpeg.fb12764ade95258f7f101ca11cc01432.jpeg

5AAAB4BB-7C02-44AD-A052-2EB64A27DC7F.jpeg.dfe7fb4c725669e1a9de5bdae62b26a1.jpeg

24DFFC96-4017-4C55-9F09-EB1997766AB3.jpeg.d2e3bd1e34a614324f8788f791ee4165.jpeg

C2ABFA14-AAAA-4A2E-B501-D47A2889103B.jpeg.b2e7bde9d8dae06de54232542ec8a151.jpeg

Edited by MrTea
Extra photo
  • Like 3

This weekend's Diesel Bash was rather enjoyable. Ok, so not quite what a gala used to be but, like the Steam Event the other week, the SVR pulled out all the stops to run the best event they can under the current restrictions. I travelled on Train 3 with 33108 and 47773 which was a bit of a nostalgia trip back to the 80s for me, especially with the three 50s around.

DSCN4538

DSCN4508

DSCN4576

DSCN4537

DSCN4518

DSCN4544

Edited by PatC
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good news has come out in an Notice Board Issue this afternoon about the return of 'Hop on and Off' services which says amongst other things:

"From Tuesday 7th September, the Severn Valley Railway will operate ‘hop on, hop off’ on all regular services. Both freedom-of-the-line tickets and tickets between selected stations will be available. Station-to-station tickets will be available on-the-day only and will not be pre-bookable......

"passengers at the Autumn Steam and Diesel Galas will be able to choose their itineraries in the customary way, rather than travelling on designated trains as we had previously planned.".

Also it will restart accepting reciprocal travel with other preserved railways on the list which like many railways was put on hold during the pandemic.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Blandford1969 said:

Good news has come out in an Notice Board Issue this afternoon about the return of 'Hop on and Off' services which says amongst other things:

"From Tuesday 7th September, the Severn Valley Railway will operate ‘hop on, hop off’ on all regular services. Both freedom-of-the-line tickets and tickets between selected stations will be available. Station-to-station tickets will be available on-the-day only and will not be pre-bookable......

"passengers at the Autumn Steam and Diesel Galas will be able to choose their itineraries in the customary way, rather than travelling on designated trains as we had previously planned.".

Also it will restart accepting reciprocal travel with other preserved railways on the list which like many railways was put on hold during the pandemic.

That’s great news . Hope that also means the return of buffet cars …. And then dining services

• Agree 1