Railway & other Signs Information ?

Hello Everyone.

My daughter recently gave me a present of some signs she picked up at auction.

The first one is a wagon plate I think but I have no idea on the others ?

I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on what they are ?

Thanks.

Tony.

SV101869.jpg

SV101856.jpg

SV101865.jpg

SV101874.jpg

The Glasgow & South Western wagon plate would be painted gloss black with the lettering picked out in white, it is unusual as most examples i`ve seen have been rectangular. A quick check of "Ken Werrett`s" wagon drawings shows rectangular plates fitted - possibly yours is an early example, might want to check with the G&SWR Society who may be able to shed some light.

It is not a Glasgow & South Western plate, it is Great Southern and Western Rly, the give away is "Inchicore".

"Railway Signalling Co", as presumably come off a locking frame or signal etc. Best Wishes, Mick.

Woops got that wrong - that explains why it`s oval not rectangular - good to see Mick has got his eye on the ball

Lincoln Electric:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipment/engine-drives/Pages/engine-drives.aspx

Are still making engine driven welding sets. I suspect your plate came off something a bit like the set in this photo:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c51.0.403.403/p403x403/426726_10150992432142353_1205460570_n.jpg

It is not a Glasgow & South Western plate, it is Great Southern and Western Rly, the give away is "Inchicore".

"Railway Signalling Co", as presumably come off a locking frame or signal etc. Best Wishes, Mick.

Hi Mick.

I've been advised that its a tread plate from a signal box entrance.

Archived