2mm Ass soldered point jig

nigelb

I have the point jig and am wondering some thing .... simples it looks as if it is possible to build one point then move it along rotate it and build the other half of a crossover could any one comment on this please?

another Question for Grandborough i have a loco release crossover train arrives at left platform would the crossover be facing or trailing ?

thanks for the help

I recall reading that in the instructions, but it might be my mind playing tricks. I moved the jig on to a better home.

Cheers Rich

A loco release crossover should be trailing, but I'm sure there were exceptions.

I dont think i will make exception trailing it will be

• RMweb Gold

I haven't seen the jig but usually there is a difference in the timbering in that a crossover will tend to use some long timber that will go right across the two tracks. There is also the question of whether the jig uses timbers perpendicular to the main or whether they halve the crossing angle. Assuming it use timbers perpendicular to the main and can accomodate long timbers is should be possible to do what you want providing you use soldered construction or a least a goodly number of soldered joints. I would not fancy having the point I had just made dangling from the diverging route extended rails if it was easitrac constuction it could easily fall apart. I would also tend to make the second crossing up in the crossing assembly jig with an extended stock rail and use that when making the first carefully positioning the crossing so it was there ready to make the second point.

Actually I would find it easier to just build a crossover in situ make up two crossings with extended rails. Lay some long timbers to form the key area then get the two crossing carefully aligned and then build from there I would probably add any joggles in situ to avoid positioning problems. I find this method much easier.

Don

Archived