On 23/08/2019 at 14:48, amandalee said:

Ive been playing around with a 3d printed Crocodile and pollen set,  printed on a CR10s filament printer.  Theyre on ebay currently. 

Crocodile L set.jpg

Pollen Gunset.jpg

I did clock you set of pollens on ebay the other week, question, can they be converted to EM gauge?

Hi John.....I woudl see no problem, given I would simply adjust what I print to fit the particular wheels you wanted. I did have some em gauge wagons but sold them last year. If I know the axle point to point and b2b, and distance over the outside wheel faces no problem. The wheels are fitted when I assemble the 3 parts that make the body so arent removable. Currently the distance betwen the sides is 23.2mm.  Ill google the wheel specs and have a think, actually any of what im printing can be em come to that.

13 hours ago, amandalee said:

Hi John.....I woudl see no problem, given I would simply adjust what I print to fit the particular wheels you wanted. I did have some em gauge wagons but sold them last year. If I know the axle point to point and b2b, and distance over the outside wheel faces no problem. The wheels are fitted when I assemble the 3 parts that make the body so arent removable. Currently the distance betwen the sides is 23.2mm.  Ill google the wheel specs and have a think, actually any of what im printing can be em come to that.

Thanks for your reply, first question is would you ship them in kit form? This would allow me to use my own wheel sets. Reading your description you had previously used Dapol wheels which the flanges are a bit big and the treads too wide for EM gauge. 

The pinpoints are the same as most OO gauge, 26mm point to point and the back to back is 16.5mm. Using Alan gibson wheels the measurement across the wheel faces is fractionally less than 22mm (this will be much greater with Dapol wheels)

Many thanks

john

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John...Sorry to be so late getting back but ive been swamped with my residential drafting, so the hobby has to take second place.

Ive done a quick section with some dims to show you what I have there.

Axle length is fine as you say Dapol wheels are 26mm point to point.

I use the romford top hat bearing not the flush type.

There is a space from 11.75mm upto 23.80mm as a wheel well so your wheels should fit easily using you b2b of 16.5 and o/a of 22mm.

Interestingly the Dapol wheels are 19.9 on average o/a.

The blue lines are your wheels shown approx.

That section is the Pollen but its the same dimensions for the Crocodile bogies too.

Due to them being my own creation I havent any instructions for assembly, but if you are interested I could do a few photos as its quite a simple build realy.

Only 3 parts to the basic body, I use fine pins as a locating and alignment guide, cyano glued and away they go.

Any of what ive been printing should fit em wheels I suppose too, just a question of trying to keep brakes in line.

Happy to work with you if youre interested.

Amanda.. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Section.png

Edited by amandalee
Double image
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 years later...
On 05/10/2019 at 06:54, amandalee said:

Hi John...Sorry to be so late getting back but ive been swamped with my residential drafting, so the hobby has to take second place.

There is a space from 11.75mm upto 23.80mm as a wheel well so your wheels should fit easily using you b2b of 16.5 and o/a of 22mm.

That section is the Pollen but its the same dimensions for the Crocodile bogies too.

Due to them being my own creation I havent any instructions for assembly, but if you are interested I could do a few photos as its quite a simple build realy.

Only 3 parts to the basic body, I use fine pins as a locating and alignment guide, cyano glued and away they go.

Any of what ive been printing should fit em wheels I suppose too, just a question of trying to keep brakes in line.

Amanda.. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Section.png

Hi 

I’ve just came across this post as I a, looking fora pollen in em gauge are they still available as am most interested in one for my layout

many thanks 

Daktari 

20 hours ago, Daktari said:
On 05/10/2019 at 15:54, amandalee said:

Amanda.. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Section.png

Hi 

I’ve just came across this post as I a, looking fora pollen in em gauge are they still available as am most interested in one for my layout

many thanks 

Daktari 

Hi...Yes I am still making these, still dont have a set of EM wheels here but as that drawing shows I think the dimensions would work. 

www.bygone-wagons.com

• 3 weeks later...

Following on from this topic I have now got some EM gauge wheels here and can confirm these wagons will work with those. I bought a set from Wizard models so am using them to go through all the wagons I make and adjusting where needed.