Creedyford

treggyman

Glad to see there is still some activity with this and you're considering a rework. Be interested to see any more development.

Hi Rich

Thanks for the above comment.....

Nothing will happen in the short term as Hendra will take priority......

However I like Creedyford & with some tweaking it can be changed without too much work involved to make it sufficiently different without losing it's character......

Well that's the thought anyway.......

Question is do I move it to Cornwall or does North devon see an increase in freight activity.......

We'll see....

Watch this space but not for a while yet....

Cheers Bill

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Creedyford is out this weekend at the Hayle show on Saturday & Sunday.......

Finally managed to get it down this week from it's storage shelves........Life has been too hectic recently!!!!!!!!

Checked all the point motors & signals etc & all worked fine.....

Rewired in the switch/power supply for the level crossing gates that I had disconnected due to a surge problem & had forgotten about......

Couldn't test the track for power as the controllers have the wrong sort of Din plug.....Sort tomorrow......

One or two minor touch ups to be done to the scenics.......

Lots of wheels to clean & ......

If you're around Hayle at the weekend see you there....

Cheers Bill

• Like 2

Hi All

Creedyford is out this weekend at the Hayle show on Saturday & Sunday.......

Finally managed to get it down this week from it's storage shelves........Life has been too hectic recently!!!!!!!!

Checked all the point motors & signals etc & all worked fine.....

Rewired in the switch/power supply for the level crossing gates that I had disconnected due to a surge problem & had forgotten about......

Couldn't test the track for power as the controllers have the wrong sort of Din plug.....Sort tomorrow......

One or two minor touch ups to be done to the scenics.......

Lots of wheels to clean & ......

If you're around Hayle at the weekend see you there....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill.

I will be there again this weekend with Feltham Road. Will be setting up on Friday. Have you any idea what time we can go into the hall.

• Like 1

Hi Bill.

I will be there again this weekend with Feltham Road. Will be setting up on Friday. Have you any idea what time we can go into the hall.

Hi Ray

Look forward to seeing you there.....

As regards time to set up I normally aim to get there around 5 ish......

I don't know when they have access but there's a lot of furniture for them to move.....

Cheers Bill

Hi Ray

Look forward to seeing you there.....

As regards time to set up I normally aim to get there around 5 ish......

I don't know when they have access but there's a lot of furniture for them to move.....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill. Thank you for the input will see you tomorrow.

All the best for the weekend Bill, won't make it I'm afraid.

If I'm honest I should have known I'd stand no chance with Mrs MB, especially the M5 on a bank holiday weekend.

Still I can still dream of November???

Hi

Good if you could in November........

Yes...Bank holiday traffic getting down here can be a nightmare.......

Cheers Bill

Hi All

Well day one done....

All went well in the main......

One point came adrift in the double crossovers by the level crossing....Quickly sorted.....

The coupling 'assembly' on 50002 started to play up later in the day 'sticking' as it left the traverser & flicking the front bogie of the first coach off.....

It only did it when the train had been stopped on the traverser siding....If the train ran round & round no problem.....

The solution was to run the train the other way & so far seems to have solved the problem...

The long term solution will be to 'sort' the coupling out so it moves freely & doesn't stick.....

My son & grandson came to help today.......

They arrived at 10 o'clock as the show opened after I'd set it all up & got all working......

I didn't get a go 'till 3ish.....

It was really good to see my grandson really enjoying himself playing trains.......

A lot of his shunting moves were certainly not prototypical but that was mainly in the quiet times.................

At the end of the day it is more important that we potentially gain a young recruit to the hobby than prototypical perfection.....

Anyway took some pics.....

All set up this morning...

post-7844-0-73528000-1535224894_thumb.jpg

My son's HST visited....

post-7844-0-27304600-1535224991_thumb.jpg

A quiet moment....

post-7844-0-91249100-1535225023_thumb.jpg

47535 seen between the bride & farmhouse then on its way to Meldon with stone empties

post-7844-0-45773600-1535225155_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-46421200-1535225181_thumb.jpg

Dapol bubble car,new to the fleet (so new that although I bought it months ago it was the first time out of the box......

I ran it in whilst setting up this morning & it ran superbly...Really pleased with it.....

post-7844-0-61546700-1535225385_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-24688500-1535225405_thumb.jpg

50035 awaits arrival of 50002...

post-7844-0-05522200-1535225651_thumb.jpg

Which then arrives.....

post-7844-0-36851000-1535225740_thumb.jpg

Finally a view from the over bridge towards the station.....

post-7844-0-80317200-1535225843_thumb.jpg

Hopefully it will be busier tomorrow....It seemed quieter than on previous occasions........

SWMBO  intends to attend tomorrow so best behaviour......

Hopefully some more pics....

Cheers Bill

• Like 8

Looking good Bill

But I have to ask when the Farmhouse got married?

Best of luck with day 2.

Hi Tony

Well it's a long story........

It's called not properly reading what you've written.......

Anyway thanks for your comment & day two went well,thanks....

Cheers Bill

Hi All

As posted above a good day was had.....

First a big thankyou to the Hayle club for the invite & for making us most welcome.....

As usual well fed & watered & nothing too much trouble.....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH......

Back to the day......

Weather was awful.....Fine liquid Cornish sunshine all day....

But the show was busier than yesterday,which was good both for the exhibitors & the clubs coffers......

No major problems except when I got back in to the operating well after a quiet spell taking pictures.....

My shoulder caught the corner of the traverser....Hard....Virtually every vehicle derailed or fell over....

Cue an influx of punters at the layout front......

The advantage of DMU's......

At least I could run trains while I rerailed the rest.....

I was on my own at the time so no option of one person rerailing & one running trains......

Apart from that the layout behaved itself well......

It was nice to watch Ray Norwoods Feltham shed layout in front with a superb array of steam loco's gently chuffnig to & fro....Very relaxing......

Mike Hattons latest Scottish masterpiece was on my left keeping the punters entertained as well.......

Anyway a few pics.....

First a few of my sons HST......

This is a lima or Hornby model which wouldn't pull itself let alone it's dummy or any coaches......

Any way he adapted a Bachmann 158 chassis I had spare.& produced a good working model......

Can't be seen from the pics but it is only 5 vehicles long.....2 power cars & 3 coaches but the kids loved it & it ran really well......

post-7844-0-06696400-1535310258_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-99428800-1535310285_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-55075400-1535310316_thumb.jpg

The bubble car put in another good performance.....

It's on my table to have it's 'extras' added & be weathered.....

post-7844-0-87134500-1535310448_thumb.jpg

My sons 47148 put in an appearance both hauling parcels & passenger trains as well as a cameo hauling OTA's later in the day.....

post-7844-0-14519800-1535310585_thumb.jpg

45104 was on passenger duty....

post-7844-0-24142000-1535310706_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-28308300-1535310684_thumb.jpg

Before being commandeered for a run on empty ballast wagons to Meldon....

post-7844-0-53780300-1535310844_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-01460900-1535310860_thumb.jpg

37207 William Cookworthy was doing a tour of inspection up from Kernow inspecting local infrastructure.....

post-7844-0-64737100-1535310985_thumb.jpg

& finally 47535 pottered between Barnstaple & Exeter all day on passenger duties......

post-7844-0-95172800-1535311115_thumb.jpg

Well another show done.....As stated above made very welcome ,met a lot of nice people,had a lot of young kids loving the working level crossing both sound & lights .

The future......

Well I have one more definite invite.....The Carn Brea Gauge O Guild show in November.....

If Hendra isn't ready then it will be at Helston next April.......

Then....

The problem is that it is a one person layout as far as operation goes.......

My grandson spent most of the two days operating the layout.....

VERY well I might add....And he enjoyed it which is to be encouraged......

A picture which stays in my mind is of him (13 yrs old) operating to an audience of 6 young lads,probably between 5 to 10 years old plus a couple of adults & all being completely captivated/engrossed in what they were doing (operating & watching0......

But that did mean that my son & I were spare parts.......

Not a problem on my other layouts where one person can operate bu they can keep two people very busy......

So a major reconstruction or scrapping or sale are the options....

Watch this space.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 4

Great to see Creedyford today, you always seem to maintain a continuous flow of trains at the front and a really good mix of rolling stock, which makes it a very entertaining layout to watch. My lads (2 and 4) were captivated by the level crossing and insisted we go back for a second look before we left.

I look forward to seeing what you do next Bill, just hope you don't scrap it!

Great to see Creedyford today, you always seem to maintain a continuous flow of trains at the front and a really good mix of rolling stock, which makes it a very entertaining layout to watch. My lads (2 and 4) were captivated by the level crossing and insisted we go back for a second look before we left.

I look forward to seeing what you do next Bill, just hope you don't scrap it!

Hi Clay Country

Thanks for the above comment.....

The level crossing is certainly a draw for the kids who really enjoy it....& the siren.....Though that can be turned off as it can annoy.....

I don't want to scrap it but storage is be the problem......

I have two other layouts the same size & another in the process of being built....

However I do have an idea or two as it would save a complete build if I could adapt it & make it useable for two operators...

Thanks again

Cheers Bill

It was good seeing you and the family again also Glade you like the steam sounds from my Feltham Road.all being well I well see you at Helston next year if not before.

Hi Ray

Good to see you again & it was nice to look up & see your superb layout....

As regards your sound....

It's there but not too obtrusive so is a nice background which I find pleasant to listen to.

When in front of the layout it really adds atmosphere again without taking over....

So many sound layouts seem to have the volume turned up & the sound/noise takes over......

I was once opposite an N gauge layout that had a sound fitted Steam loco & the loudness of the chuff chuff very quickly got very annoying...

It was even difficult to talk to the punters in front of the layout.....

Class 66's are the other sound that can jar the ear....

Anyway I digress...

I look forward to seeing you at Helston next April if not before....

Cheers Bill

• 2 months later...

Hi

Well Creedyford is appearing at the Cornwall O Gauge show tomorrow at Carn Brea leisure centre......

It us all set up & a trial run of a Class 122 DMU went fine....

I even accidentally tested the yard as I forgot to change the points......

One issue to sort in the morning is that the wire linkage to one of the crossing barriers has snapped so will need to be mended.....

A bit of fine wire & under the layout solder should do the trick......

Didn't manage to clean the loco wheels as I lent my grandson my wheel cleaning gear & although he & his dad are helping  tomorrow they aren't arrivinf 'till 10 o'clock....Just as the show opens......

Ah well.......

Anyway hopefully all will go well....

This could be it's last outing....Certainly in this guise but we'll see....

If you are coming tomorrow say hello....

Cheers Bill

See you there, Bill - I'm showing Tinner's Forge.

Hi

Looking forward to seeing Tinners Forge again....Especially with it's smart new  name board.....

I really like your barn....

Every time I go past the real thing I am more impressed with your model of it....

See you tomorrow...

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill

Hope todays show went well.

I'm sorry that once again we didn't manage to get down to see you (and Stubby). I thought I had got

it sorted, having negotiated that a weekend in Cornwall, including the show would be ok. Only for it to

fail when I couldn't get Monday off work, to travel back. (Unfortunately travelling back after the show

failed as an alternative.

Please let us know if / when Creedyford (or Haydon Gurney etc) are slated for future exhibitions.

All the best

Hi Bill

Hope todays show went well.

I'm sorry that once again we didn't manage to get down to see you (and Stubby). I thought I had got

it sorted, having negotiated that a weekend in Cornwall, including the show would be ok. Only for it to

fail when I couldn't get Monday off work, to travel back. (Unfortunately travelling back after the show

failed as an alternative.

Please let us know if / when Creedyford (or Haydon Gurney etc) are slated for future exhibitions.

All the best

Hi Tony

Shame you couldn't make it it would have been great to meet you.......

Creedyford may only have one more outing as it is the reserve for Helston show in April if I don't finish Hendra in time which at present is looking likely.....

At this moment in time I don't have any firm invites for Penhallick Junction,Haydon Gurney or Creedyford but Hendra will be at the Carn Brea show next November & either it or Haydon Gurney will be at Bodmin next October (to be confirmed).

The show went really well & it was great to have a good audience most of the time of mainly young children (boys & girls & supportive parents) who loved the working level crossing gates/lights/sounds & continuous stream of trains.....& occasional mishap............

If one of those children becomes a modeller I feel it was worth it....

Hope to catch up with you one day

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi All

Well today went well after an interesting start.......

Yesterdays set up was too easy.......

All but one train on the track......

Not tested though as the power was turned off before I could run all the trains although I had tested that all the track & points worked.......

So this morning......

Overslept as one of our dogs was poorly in the night......

Breakfast......No time.....

The broken linkage on the level crossing gate....5 minute job with help or at home.....

Under the layout set up took over an hour to solder the wires together.....

But it was worth it.....

Son & grandson turned up just after 10am.....

No problem except they'd forgotten to bring the wheel cleaning 'kit'.....

I had bought an expensive wheel cleaning Gismo & hadn't got on with it too well but thought I'd give it a go as some of the loco's were struggling.....

Two problems.....

It didn't clean the wheels very well & also drew so much current it kept tripping the power supply & killed the layout....

In the end I cobbled up two wandering leads & a fibreglass pencil & all was well.....

The kids & their parents loved the level crossing/lights/sound......

In trying to keep an endless supply of trains to keep them entertained some errors were made....

But they loved it & the parents seemed to enjoy their children's enjoyment....

And at the end of the day if we don't get the younger generation involved the hobby will die.....

It was the first show that I've been to that it was busy all day......

We finished at 4pm but even at 3.30pm we still had a good audience.....

FANTASTIC.....

A big thanks to Ian White & his colleagues for the invite & for making us most welcome....

Sadly no pics.......

As the audience was there in front of the layout all day had no time to take any......

Cheers Bill

• Like 4