Farish Nuclear Flask Wagons.

shanks522

23 and 14 arrived at work this morning, i do like the coupling mechanism they used.

Any one tried T-Cutting the the big numbers off the tops of the flask covers yet?

Might just have to get a spare 46 Body from BR-Lines and couple of 1:144 jet ranger helicopters to make the "Massive Clang" diorama!!!

I finally received my wagons today after a long weekend of waiting (I was out when the mailman came on Saturday and yesterday the sorting office was closed)

Here are a few pics of them sat on my RMWeb 2011 challenge diorama - the reason I ordered the wagons in the first place :lol:

post-6789-0-28867200-1346184999_thumb.jpg

post-6789-0-94294100-1346185015_thumb.jpg

post-6789-0-13364500-1346185030_thumb.jpg

post-6789-0-11758900-1346185045_thumb.jpg

post-6789-0-53976100-1346185062_thumb.jpg

The wagons are well made and look the part. I can't comment on accuracy though as I have no idea about the real thing. The close coupling mechanism is really well designed and as previous posts state this gives pretty good close coupling.

Cheers

Martin

• RMweb Premium

Nice looking wagons. Shame about the numbers on the tops of the flask covers making them suitable for just the last few years. :dontknow:

Surely it would have made more sense to leave them off so they'd be more accurate for a longer period of time (decades rather than years). Fingers crossed later batches don't have them.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• 4 weeks later...

I could see this wagon being a big earner for Farish.....not in itself but in folk buying locos to pull them.

I've bought a couple hoping that Bachmann realise folk like me need a couple of 20 and/or 37s.........possibly a 66.

I don't want to pay over the odds for a so called limited edition either, but that's another story.

Nice looking wagons. Shame about the numbers on the tops of the flask covers making them suitable for just the last few years. :dontknow:

Surely it would have made more sense to leave them off so they'd be more accurate for a longer period of time (decades rather than years). Fingers crossed later batches don't have them.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hi Steven,

I bought a flask 23 and removed the number. It has left a slight mark but I did rather rush the removal. I'm still more than happy with mine; I'm sure given some time the numbers would come off and leave a perfect finish.

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

I missed out on these when introduced and regret my inaction. To rectify this, I'm hoping to locate one, but I'm not 100% sure which model would be most appropriate for my era, which ends in 1981. Expert advice would be appreciated. 

• RMweb Gold

I missed out on these when introduced and regret my inaction. To rectify this, I'm hoping to locate one, but I'm not 100% sure which model would be most appropriate for my era, which ends in 1981. Expert advice would be appreciated.

Can’t help with any advice about the real thing but there are at least one each of 377-801 and 377-802 showing as available at: www.addlestone-models.co.uk

I’m sure I saw them the last time I was mooching around in there.

• RMweb Premium

The earliest version of them is 377-801, but these weren't built until 1984.

Dave

Archived