Haymarket 64B

landscapes

• RMweb Premium

You may have to wait awhile David before cracking on with the work on the roof lights. As our ginger tom indicates to us on a daily basis in the house, dogs have owners whilst cats have staff.

Eric

Morning all from a cloudy Eastbourne (tennis)

I finally got my cutting mat back and have completed the roof lights on the first roof panel.

Hoping to visit Squires shop in Bognor Regis tomorrow to collect all of the LED lights for the shed interior lighting.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-39148200-1371714524_thumb.jpg

post-6557-0-39959700-1371714665_thumb.jpg

Edited by landscapes
  • Like 4

I have a lovely little Lhasa Apso who enjoys sitting on my lap while I'm playing trains watching them crawl from side to side - poor baby's just had a knee operation so is feeling abit sorry for herself, but when Waverley Shed was in my last study she used to come in, look up at the line and woof to let me know she wanted to get up and see what the trains were up to.

My wife thinks we're both mad!

David - I didn't realise you're also a Sussex man, perhaps when you've finished it you might show this wonderful work in the flesh?

I have a lovely little Lhasa Apso who enjoys sitting on my lap while I'm playing trains watching them crawl from side to side - poor baby's just had a knee operation so is feeling abit sorry for herself, but when Waverley Shed was in my last study she used to come in, look up at the line and woof to let me know she wanted to get up and see what the trains were up to.

My wife thinks we're both mad!

David - I didn't realise you're also a Sussex man, perhaps when you've finished it you might show this wonderful work in the flesh?

Hi

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope for a quick recovery.

I live in Swindon Wilts not Sussex, I was at Eastbourne for a few days for the Tennis tournament being a big tennis fan.

Just drove all the way to Bognor Regis this morning from Eastbourne on my way back home to Swindon to call in to Squires shop to pick up some LED lights for the shed interior only to find it was closed for some unforeseen reason.

I Would be more than happy to show off Haymarket as and when it's up and running which will be some time off at the moment.

Regards

David

Hi Ian

You don't know how true that is, that's why the model has been on my dining room table for the past nine months, every time I work on the shed the cat try's to climb onto it.

The dining room is one of the only places I can close the door and keep her out, she once stole one of the 6 plastic circular sections I purchased to make the shed columns it took me about an hour to find it.

Regards

David

IF Pepper steals anything it soon comes back - totally chewed!

Can anyone remind me how to upload pics?

Hi

Click on the More Reply Options button below, then click on Choose File button next to the paper clip.

Open up your folder with the photo you require then when inserted click on the Attach This File button to upload.

I think that's right.

Regards

David

Thanks David

Just finished the first draft of the story of Waverley Shed after a good afternoon making progress, which also included getting the iphone into camera mode!

I've started a new thread at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/73196-waverley-shed-somewhere-in-edinburgh/

ATB

Peter

Edited by bigwordsmith

Hi Peter

Just had a look At your thread, excellent I have already put in place to follow your project as you progress with great interest as we are both modelling similar subjects

I also have a problem with space at the present time as we are thinking of moving house in the not to distant future which makes me think I don't want to progress to fast as my layout like yous will be fixed, although at the speed I work at the moment there is no chance of that.

I have worked out that I can produce a reasonable layout of Haymarket within an area of 14'-0'' x 4'-0'', my wife also suggested that I use a spare bedroom but we have a very large loft area with plenty of space for the layout and more if required.

the only problem is for some reason my Wife believes I am too old at 60 to keep climbing up the loft ladder.

Another coincidence is that I only live about 1 mile from the old Froude & Hext model shop that use to be in Victoria Road Old Town Swindon, they have moved down into the main town centre now.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more photos of Waverley Shed as you progress.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

Good Morning All

Not much to show in the way of progress on Haymarket at the moment as I am busy working on the 60 roof lights that have to now be made up, completed about 18 at the moment.

So I thought I would post a photo, (not brilliant as taken on my iPad) of the newly arrived A2/1 60509 Waverley from PDK Models, still to be lightly weathered.

Plus one other future visiting loco which I cannot resist even though it's a diesel and that's the prototype Deltic DP1.

I hope to post some better photos of Waverley in the future once the sun comes out.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-93902800-1372618883_thumb.jpg

post-6557-0-94983700-1372618903_thumb.jpg

Edited by landscapes
  • Like 3

Nice - Dirty Deltic!

DId it ever get up there? I know it trialled on the Race Track, but thought it never got North of the Border - but then who cares? -If it looks good run it (He says as he plans to run a 'Western' into Waverley Shed!)

Didn't know there was an A2 called Waverley - was she a 64b loco?

Nice - Dirty Deltic!

DId it ever get up there? I know it trialled on the Race Track, but thought it never got North of the Border - but then who cares? -If it looks good run it (He says as he plans to run a 'Western' into Waverley Shed!)

Didn't know there was an A2 called Waverley - was she a 64b loco?

Hi Peter

Yes the prototype deltic DP1 did reach Edinburgh Waverley in the late 1950's and spent some time on trial runs over the Waverley Line.

Waverley was an A2/1 Thompson Pacific and was based at Haymarket 64B for most of it's life.

Regards

David

Thanks for posting a pic of Waverley.  You got me thinking 'Duke of Rothsay'.

Discovered what radius curves it 'll go around?

Cheers

Hi David

I must say I am very pleased with the PDK A2/1, it will go around a minimum radius of 24"

The overall cost was very good competed with some of the quotes I have seen on this Web-Site for a fully finished and running 4-6-2 Pacific.

I have since weathered the tender top and put in real coal, I also intend to put on wider front bogie wheel splashes as the existing are not quite wide enough.

I am hoping to put some better photos of Waverley on the thread later this week when the sun finally shines.

If there is any additional information you need just contact me if you are considering an A2/1.

Regards

David

I've got a handful of the Bachmann A2s and A1s and I've noticed that if you couple the tender up closely they struggle to get round anything tighter than 3'

They also tend to fall off anything less than perfectly laid track!

I've got a handful of the Bachmann A2s and A1s and I've noticed that if you couple the tender up closely they struggle to get round anything tighter than 3'

They also tend to fall off anything less than perfectly laid track!

Hi Peter

I fully agree I find the Bachmann coupling on the A1,s and A2,s most frustrating and I have given up trying to use the close couple setting.

Well the sun is finaly shining today so I have managed to take some improved photos of the PDK Model A2/1 60509 Waverley along with another Haymarket resident A4 60011 Empire of India which is a Hornby loco with some minor additions plus a couple of coats of Johnson's Klear.

I realy like the PDK model so any comments are welcome.

I still have to paint the motion on the A2/1 at some time.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-25103900-1373019473_thumb.jpg

post-6557-0-66235400-1373019498_thumb.jpg

post-6557-0-19820600-1373019534_thumb.jpg

post-6557-0-90773400-1373019559_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Really appreciate the pic's David.

Waverley looks nice. Do you know what motor is employed?

Hi David, thank you.

I have sent an email to PDK asking what size motor was fitted, I will let you know as soon as I get a reply from them.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

David those shots are stunning - do you ave an outdoor 00 that you've not told us about?

Thank you Peter

I don't have a garden railway but I wish I did have one.

The photos were taken on a 18mm thick MDF board I made up which is 450mm x 720mm in size, I made the board specially to fit into a drawer unit to hold and store the locomotives, it can take 12 Pacific locomotive at one time..

I also thought I would be a good idea to have a go at ballasting at the same time.

I thought that the black stones on my garden retaining wall would make a good back drop for the photos, it had an Edinburgh feel about it.

Regards

David