Haymarket 64B

landscapes

Hi 

A little cameo photo taken in the far corner of Haymarket near the main entrance road to the MPD.

The quality is not brilliant as I took it with my iPhone, this represents a dilapidated fence and gate.

The gate was supplied by York Model Making and the fence is a combination of match sticks for the fence post's and wooden coffee stirrers cut down to make the fence panels.

Regards

David

IMG_0391.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, landscapes said:

A little cameo photo taken in the far corner of Haymarket near the main entrance road to the MPD.

Hi David,

I haven't had a look at your wonderful Haymarket for a while. These little corners of one's layout are so evocative of the steam age, lovely work.

I have been working on an LSWR S11 4-4-0 and progressing my 70D layout. I have a number of ex LNER loco's to build namely a Proscale A3, A4 and V2 a Judeth Edge V4 (that will be interesting) and a G-Train Loco Works ex GCR B7 4-6-0. Should keep me busy for a while!

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 30368 said:

Hi David,

I haven't had a look at your wonderful Haymarket for a while. These little corners of one's layout are so evocative of the steam age, lovely work.

I have been working on an LSWR S11 4-4-0 and progressing my 70D layout. I have a number of ex LNER loco's to build namely a Proscale A3, A4 and V2 a Judeth Edge V4 (that will be interesting) and a G-Train Loco Works ex GCR B7 4-6-0. Should keep me busy for a while!

Kind regards,

Richard B

Hi Richard

Thank you, I have only just got back into progressing Haymarket after just over two months of very bad nasal problems resulting in surgery.

All fine now a raring to get on with the layout.

Sounds as though you have your hands full now with kit building, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Regards

David 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Looking at prototype photos of the Clan Class Locomotives I decided my model after weathering still looked a bit to clean so additional weathering was added to bring it in line with the prototype photos.

Photo enclosed again taken on the photo plank with a Bachmann D11/2 class which I also weathered in the background.

Regards

David

72005_IMG_6020B.jpg

• Like 13

On 25/07/2021 at 11:39, landscapes said:

Hi

Looking at prototype photos of the Clan Class Locomotives I decided my model after weathering still looked a bit to clean so additional weathering was added to bring it in line with the prototype photos.

Photo enclosed again taken on the photo plank with a Bachmann D11/2 class which I also weathered in the background.

Regards

David

72005_IMG_6020B.jpg

VERY nice, though still a little cleaner than I remember them.....

Les

• Agree 1

On 25/07/2021 at 03:39, landscapes said:

Hi

39 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

VERY nice, though still a little cleaner than I remember them.....

Les

I agree. From my memories, if you’re modelling a Kingmoor Standard pacific, and you can still tell the model is green, it needs more weathering!

Hi Guys 

Thank you both for your replies, I did add additional weathering and at one point I  thought I had gone to far with it.

The model does look cleaner in the photo I put on, but maybe it’s the LED lighting I have in the room makes it look cleaner.

But I am modelling Haymarket in the 1958/9 period and although the Clan Class were not liked by the driver's at the MPD Haymarket was known for keeping its Pacific’s clean.

I don’t have any coloured photos of the class at Haymarket during 1958/9 so it’s a bit of guess work.

Regards

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, landscapes said:

But I am modelling Haymarket in the 1958/9 period and although the Clan Class were not liked by the driver's at the MPD Haymarket was known for keeping its Pacific’s clean.

Sorry - I had forgotten Haymarket had Clans on its allocation for a while, including 72005. I was assuming it was visiting from Kingmoor.

• RMweb Premium
On 16/07/2021 at 19:56, landscapes said:

two months of very bad nasal problems resulting in surgery.

Hi David,

Sorry to hear that but pleased that you have recovered and are back working on Haymarket.

S11 with painted L12 next to it, both using ex T9 kit chassis with largely scratch built bodies. The D15 is a PDK kit. In front of 70D which is making slow progress.

1920758800_IMG_6609(2).JPG.eb4ee02cee56183657f0f0ec98e41014.JPG

Kind regards,

Richard

• Like 7

6 hours ago, 30368 said:

Hi David,

Sorry to hear that but pleased that you have recovered and are back working on Haymarket.

S11 with painted L12 next to it, both using ex T9 kit chassis with largely scratch built bodies. The D15 is a PDK kit. In front of 70D which is making slow progress.

1920758800_IMG_6609(2).JPG.eb4ee02cee56183657f0f0ec98e41014.JPG

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi Richard

Thank you, yes it is great to be back in the normal world and back modelling again.

As I write this reply Gareth of Replica Railways in Swindon has just left my house after a morning of tidying up the track wiring.

All four baseboards are now fully wired and operating, the layout will be DCC and three of my locomotives now have decoders in them.

The next stage is wiring up the fourteen DCC Concepts point motors, then incorporation yard lights and fitting LED lights to all buildings.

I think a night scene under the right lighting conditions could look very good.

Your models look fabulous, I have just returned from a four day break in East Devon and its rekindled my interest in Bulleid Pacific's so out have come my books on the subject.

Please feel free to post any future photos of your model showing your progress.

If I hadn't modelled Haymarket It would have been Padstow with all those fabulous LSWR locomotives and un-rebuilt Bulleid Pacific's on just a few coaches  with the ACE, great stuff.

Regards

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, landscapes said:

If I hadn't modelled Haymarket It would have been Padstow …

“You have chosen... wisely.”

• Like 2

Hi This is my latest update.

The wiring to all four baseboards has now been completed and the first three locomotives have now been fitted with digital decoders.

This is my first attempt at creating a small video showing the progress, this video was taken on my IPhone so the quality is not brilliant.

The locomotives do sound a lot noisier on the video, they are much quieter on the layout itself.

This is also my first attempt to download a video on RMWeb so fingers crossed it works.

Next project is to install fourteen DCC digital point motors.

Please bear in mind you are now seeing the layout at its very basic stage, once all the point motors and all the LED yard and building lights have been installed, then the buildings will fitted back on to the layout and the scenic works will begin

Regards

David

https://studio.youtube.com/video/gyOyoFmTCU0/edit

Edited by landscapes
Additional information.
  • Like 2

Hi David,

The link did not work, as you copied a link of your edit studio video on youtube, not the video itself. The link should be like https://youtube.com/watch(and then a bunch of letters and numbers).

I do hope to see the update on your layout! Always nice to see! 

3 hours ago, Ribird said:

Hi David,

The link did not work, as you copied a link of your edit studio video on youtube, not the video itself. The link should be like https://youtube.com/watch(and then a bunch of letters and numbers).

I do hope to see the update on your layout! Always nice to see! 

Hi

many thanks for letting me know it was not working, as I was not aware there was a problem.

Hopefully all correct now.

Regards

David

• Like 1

9 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi

many thanks for letting me know it was not working, as I was not aware there was a problem.

Hopefully all correct now.

Regards

David

Video has worked now! It is a great video! Got to hand it to you, some nice steady camera handling with trains moving! Very nice to see this layout moving!

4 hours ago, Ribird said:

Video has worked now! It is a great video! Got to hand it to you, some nice steady camera handling with trains moving! Very nice to see this layout moving!

Hi

Thank you but I think you give more credit than deserved, I was holding my mobile phone in one hand while trying to operate  the controller with the other.

This short video was just to show progress and locomotives moving for the first time..

I will produce another video but not until all the point motors and buildings are installed and hopefully some of the scenic work is undertaken as well.

And this time I will use my Canon G12 camera on a tripod.

Thanks again for letting me know about the first video not working.

Regards

David

• Like 1

On 30/07/2021 at 02:07, landscapes said:

Thank you but I think you give more credit than deserved, I was holding my mobile phone in one hand while trying to operate  the controller with the other.

That is still something! I've seen so many videos of people doing that same thing and shaky as can be! 

• Thanks 1

Hi

Tomorrow we start the first of the point motor installations, hoping to get the first three all in place and working.

Some of the baseboard framework joinery may need some minor adjustments to accommodate certain point motors.

In the mean time I have re grassed part of the Photo Plank using static grass by Green Scene's, I think this gives a much more realistic look.

I have also re-covered some of the static grass area's on the layout.

Photo enclosed of Hornby A3 60043 Brown Jack a Haymarket Pacific which shows part of the new grassed area bottom of the photo left hand side .

Regards

David

60043_IMG_6193B.jpg

• Like 17

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

its quite a while since my last input.

All fourteen DCC Concepts digital point motors have now been installed, wired and tested.

All working fine and actually sound like a real point changing, I would like to take some credit for these but it was all Gareth of Replica Railways hard work, I would never have been able to install them correctly.

Photo enclosed showing baseboard No Seven which houses seven of the fourteen point motors.

All wiring now complete so it’s onto Yard lighting and LED lighting to all the smaller buildings, once this is completed it’s scenic work to complete Phase one of the layout.

Regards 

David 

6A792C5C-2716-49CD-8A35-A6D5895E85EF.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi

Layout baseboards all bolted back together again, had a bit a trouble lining up the track work on the board joints it all OK now thanks to adjustable feet on each of the baseboard framework legs.

All buildings back in place and now working on a very large foot crossing over all running lines across the shed yard by the main entrance access road.

Also working on static grasses to the embankment and waste land area’s.

Photo enclosed, sorry not brilliant quality for this one as taken for quickness on iPhone.

Regards

David

2F7734A6-9D48-41B5-8109-B5E53FDD6A15.jpeg

• Like 13

Hi

Haymarket is now all fixed back together again, well that is phase one of the layout which comprises of four out of the nine baseboards.

I took the opportunity to photograph Hornby A3 60101 Cicero going past the shed, the new static grass embankment is in the foreground. the camera can be cruel as the grass embankment looks a hell of a lot better on the layout itself.

Thats the price you pay when using a camera like the Canon G12 which can focus down to about two inches.

Regards

David

60101_IMG_6478B.jpg

• Like 15

Good Morning

Another view of A3 60101 Cicero but from a different angle.

More scenic works now being completed, using static grass for the finish to the main embankment and I am also working on the timber foot crossing near the main entrance to the MPD.

I also think the embankment grass in the foreground looks better in this photo, not so close up.

Regards

David

60101_IMG_6494B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
spelling
  • Like 13