New Dawlish webcam

• RMweb Gold

my guess would be that the HST was put onto the other line to pass the DMU. Perhaps the DMU was running a little late ?

That is exactly what would have been happening. Use of the Up (Reversible) line in the Down direction for train regulation purposes (ie. faster train to overtake slower one during late running) has recently been authorised.

• Like 5

13:18 off Dawlish made up of a 3 car 158 again....

I see that it is actually the 12:48 from Paignton to Cardiff Central so I would assume that it is a rostered job for a 158 unit.....

I think this is a 150/9 diagram, but with there only being two 150/9s to cover two diagrams....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few months back I suggested to the 'owners' that this was not in the best position. I then contacted a member of Dawlish Town Council with a suggestion of a possible shared financial input from the Council toward the cam, The idea being to promote Dawlish along with the original reasons for the cam,especially If it were mounted somewhere near Coryton Cove. The railway would be a much better view along with the Dawlish Seafront, the Classic photo position for many views.. The Councillor asked me to advise the 'owners' to contact him direct with a view to discussing my suggestions. That I did do. So far the 'owners' have not had the decency or civility to reply to me after asking them to advise me of any successful negotiations regarding. This would be in a far better position and viewpoint if an amicable arrangement could be made to both parties. I have no gain from this whatsoever other than to see it positioned where it would be better than at present. Which I feel is very poor siting along with the quality.One only has to look at some of the other cams to compare. Beeman.

So far the 'owners' have not had the decency or civility to reply to me after asking them to advise me of any successful negotiations regarding.

It could be that they haven't received the email if it's not from a recognised address; please don't continue to jump to assumptions.

Andy Y, I had been in contact with them by email previously and made the suggestion pre my contact with the councillor, to which they replied and were interested.actually stating a 2nd camera could be contemplated. neither was my mail to them returned as not sent,No jumping to conclusions here. Beeman,

As they've already replied (decency and civility) it could just be that they've not seen a subsequent email or not having anything to report at present and therefore it's even more inappropriate to label them as you have.

Perhaps they can't afford a second camera.............actually there could any number of reasons to which we are not privy and why should we expect to be?

They use a system that is not compatible with my Lap Top but I don't expect them to change it just for users of old Apples...

Best, Pete.

• Like 2

A 'thankyou' for emailing to them the Councillors email address , and 'opening a door' for them would have been sufficient, any results pending. Your idea of civility and good manners does not concur with mine. Still some people can't help it. Beeman.

Correct After mailing the SAME address again I received an APOLOGY from the that although they had discussed the proposal the had admitted they had failed to acknowledge. SMARTARSE you SSEL OPINIONATED BASTARD NOW BAN ME< ###### YOURSELF.Beeman.

Edited by Andy Y
Post locked so he can't try and re-write history this time around.