4mm diesel multiple working control jumper

• RMweb Premium

I am looking for a replacement for the blue star multiple working jumper cable, plug and socket provided by Bachmann with their 4 mm class 24. Unfortunately, the version supplied is rather coarse, and the shape of the plug and socket are all wrong. The version supplied by Heljan with their class 26 is much better, but has sold out as a spare at Howes. Any suggestions for alternatives gratefully received.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I don't don't know of any better versions - the cast metal types are even clunkier I think.

Also, in case you resort to modding the Bachmann efforts - I hope you don't mind me pointing out that they are also moulded the wrong way round. Same for the Bachmann 25.

The fixed 'pipe' part of the jumper cable assembly should be inside of the buffer rather than outside**. I usually cut the whole 'cable' off in one, put the jumper ends on the bufferbeam in the correct locations and then replace the jumper cable.

** Coat at the ready for when the exception(s) is pointed out :sarcastichand:

• RMweb Premium

Thank you! I don't feel quite so foolish, now that I find others don't have an obvious solution. I am modelling to a time constraint (Scaleforum, in a few weeks), so will probably go with a modified Bachmann version for the time being, but keep my eyes open for an alternative in the long run.

David

Archived