Farish work in progress update - Sept 12

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Farish have advised the following information about work in progress as of September 2012

With the development teams in rediness for passing to Drawing Office:

LNER A2 Class 4-6-2

SR Merchant Navy Class 4-6-2

BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T

SR CCT 4 wheel van

In the Drawing Office:

BR Mark 1 Sleeping car

LMS Princes Coronation Class 4-6-2

Class 37/4

SR/BR Bulleid Coaches

In the Tool Room:

LNER J39 Class 0-6-0

Class 55 Deltic

LMS Full Brake

EP sample stage:

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0

BR Mark 1 Horse box

Artwork Stage:

60163 'Tornado' in BR Green early emblem

24T iron ore hopper

Livery Stage:

Blue Pullman

Class 70 Powerhaul

Mark 2A TSO / FK / BSO coaches

Mark 1 RU coach

Approved for Production:

JJA Auro Ballaster wagons

LMS Inspection Saloon (for N Gauge Society)

SR 25t 'Pill box' brake vans

Mark 1 FO coach

On way to UK:

Class 20

FNA nuclear flask wagons

Farish have advised the following information about work in progress as of September 2012

With the development teams in rediness for passing to Drawing Office:

LNER A2 Class 4-6-2

SR Merchant Navy Class 4-6-2

BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T

SR CCT 4 wheel van

Shouldn't that be the BR CCT?

• RMweb Gold

Shouldn't that be the BR CCT?

Could well be, although I have just checked the information sheet given to me by Bachmann last Sunday and it states SR not BR. Not being a 2mm modeller or fully keeping up to date with the Farish plans i was only going on the information I was given.

• RMweb Gold

I'd love to know what happened to the GC Water Column, which Bach/Far announced in 2011, but seems to have failed to materialise. All the other GC reductions from 4mm have now appeared I think. The only bit I was interested in was aforesaid column.

Does anyone have more knowledge?

Regards

Alastair

PS Apologies if this is the wrong location for this?

From the Graham Farish list on the Bachmann website:items 374-785 to 788 and 786 is'Tartan Arrow' so can't be SR!

Bernard & Graham,

I think it's just a single letter typo - the printed current Graham Farish clearly shows photos of BR CCTs in the proposed liveries, and lists them as BR CCTs.

Many thanks to Graham for starting this thread, and also for posting the various Summer 2012 announcements from Bachmann and Graham Farish! It's good to have an overview of just how far on (or otherwise!) those droolable items are!

Richard

NIce to know the state of play. Presumably this leaves the recently announced Jinty and Class 31 as just having started development work?

Interesting question, will there be any announcements at TINGS? The schedule looks fairly full, I am rather suprised they did not hold back the 31 and Jinty announcements till then.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt

My understanding is that there will be more items unveiled at TINGS including painted samples of the Class 70 and possibly the Blue Pullman.

I suspect there may be other announcements too, and perhaps (given their track record) all new EP samples unveiled - maybe the Class 55?

cheers

Ben A.

Re: Other suspected announcements, the one I really want to hear but doubt I will is one for a completely retooled 40. Of all the old Poole diesels well past their sell by dates, Dapol have already announced the 33, 50 and Western and Farish itself has already done or announced the 20, 31, 37, 47 and 55. It seems only the 25 and 40 are left.

Matt

Archived