Finse web cam

mp55aec

If you want a drivers eye view take a look at --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUszQsagEMY&feature=relmfu

Move to 35mins as its a long video and this is finse, you can if you have time travel from Bergen to Oslo in the can on youtube via 6 films lol.

If you have 10hrs to spare anytime, another fantastic Norwegian Cab ride :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We are obviously not alone in having overhead line problems in the UK. Last night had an El18 powered express for Bergen parked up in the platform road for the best part of 2 hours, and it eventually returned in the direction from where it came. Passengers were forwarded on an e.m.u., but only to Voss where taxis were due to await them for onward transfer to Bergen.

Needless to say, there is plenty of snow there at this time of year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A bit of activity at Finse this evening a track worker vehcle turned upnd lots of people about for a saturday evening so I waited for a while and saw that the rail head treatment train ( rail grinder ) was coming through.

FINSE%20RAIL%20GRINDER.jpg

Edited by QWILPEN
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

the train passed through finse and a few mins later returned

Untitled.png

eventually the grinder train headed back in the direction it came from

sdwfgsg.png

thsgsg.jpg 

dhedhh.jpg

Edited by QWILPEN
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went through Finse in February and it was a lovely place, although waiting for 30mins for an oncoming train to pass did start to become slightly tedious, one downside of the line being that it's single track until you are nearly into Oslo.

The whole Bergen-Oslo line is very picturesque though, unfortunately the time of year I travelled meant that I only had enough daylight to see out the windows for about half of the 7 hour journey. Luckily the return journey ended up being at a time which enabled me to see the half of the line that I missed on the way out, which included stopping again at Finse with a very nice starry and clear sky overhead (wish I had taken a photo!).

Stuart

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is some snow there today, but even more interesting is the structure that seems to have appeared. is it permanent I wonder. I know that for a considerable time they have been building something because the materials have been arriving on container trains usually late evening. Its been fascinating watching them unload, however I don't think that was to do with the structure thats now appeared. Anybody got any ideas ?

• 2 years later...