Signalling !

Abergele platform loop points and associated signals taken out of use at around 23:30 07-01-17. Mostyn signalbox was removed from the circuitry around 03:00 08-01-17. All signals east of the box powered down and ok'd for removal by my own fair hands just after..

I believe it over ran a bit too!

My friend Steve lives just up the road from Mostyn Box; he wanted the doll off the gantry with all the gubbins still attached but he was working this weekend and missed it all happening. I was on in the PSB at Chester Saturday and Sunday night and watched all the engineering trains going down the coast (and returning) but there was a lot of liasing with the Control at Mcr trying to work out how the service was going to happen this morning!

Cheers

JF

I believe it over ran a bit too!

My friend Steve lives just up the road from Mostyn Box; he wanted the doll off the gantry with all the gubbins still attached but he was working this weekend and missed it all happening. I was on in the PSB at Chester Saturday and Sunday night and watched all the engineering trains going down the coast (and returning) but there was a lot of liasing with the Control at Mcr trying to work out how the service was going to happen this morning!

Cheers

JF

Yes we over ran somewhat. It was a much tougher dig than anticipated. (North Wales has rock just below the surface would you believe). I'd lost the will to live by the time i'd driven home to North Herts. 

The Mostyn signals were chopped to bits. We were told NR wanted everything as spares and nothing was to go missing. The way thing's were recovered nothing was of much use anyway.

Yes we over ran somewhat. It was a much tougher dig than anticipated. (North Wales has rock just below the surface would you believe). I'd lost the will to live by the time i'd driven home to North Herts. 

The Mostyn signals were chopped to bits. We were told NR wanted everything as spares and nothing was to go missing. The way thing's were recovered nothing was of much use anyway.

When we put those signals in at Abergele it was like digging on the beach, till the tide came in and filled the holes and the sand sides fell in !

When we put those signals in at Abergele it was like digging on the beach, till the tide came in and filled the holes and the sand sides fell in !

There was talk of a water main too. Once it was 'discovered' by the special divining tool on the digger it looked like the tide had come in.

Ah, more skipped than recovered then. When you think about what has already gone over the years it's not much in the great scheme of things!

JF

Ah, more skipped than recovered then. When you think about what has already gone over the years it's not much in the great scheme of things!

JF

Was like that before I retired Jon, we would go looking for spares after a renewal job and nothing worth having. Benefit of giving renewal work out to contractors, unlike the days of B R doing minor renewals.

Archived