Captain Nick

• RMweb Gold

Welcome back again, Capt Nick. I found when I upgraded my camera it highlighted the layout's faults areas for improvement even more!! What developments have been happening layoutwise?

What a absolutely beautiful layout your building. I spent my early years in the area you are modelling & it certainly captures the feel of the area well. The trackwork is absolutely first class work, I wish I was that good.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Welcome back again, Capt Nick. I found when I upgraded my camera it highlighted the layout's faults areas for improvement even more!! What developments have been happening layout-wise?

I have been upgrading my fixed rakes of coaches with Hunt's couplings and Kadees at each end. I have also modified some of my locos with both Kadees as well as to accept Spratt and Winkles as all my wagons are S&P fitted. I'm quite pleased with the result.

I'm also, frustratingly, still sorting out some track running problems. This afternoon , I've started having ago at making some ratio signals which I will try to make operational using servo motors and a suitable control board. I did have some signals made a few months ago but I'm not too happy with them.

Onward and upwards as they say!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Simon Moore said:

What a absolutely beautiful layout your building. I spent my early years in the area you are modelling & it certainly captures the feel of the area well. The trackwork is absolutely first class work, I wish I was that good.

Hi Simon. Thanks for your kind words. The track is not my work. Having it made was a retirement present to myself to get started. Ten years on, I'm still beavering away at it but I'm rather slow at getting things done..

Regards

Nick

20210729_111407.jpg

• Like 9