Dapol N Gauge Class 22

TomE

These EPs look fantastic but question: Is the partial grey roof of the green one per prototype (i.e., no grey over the cabs)? My reference library on 22s is limited.

I believe that is accurate. I painted a kit-built D600 (their big brother) last year and it has the same arrangement.

And I hope they run somewhat better than the prototype!!! Maybe Dapol will make an unpowered version for extra realism?

That is a good point actually.

Are Dapol going to do an "dummy" version as they did with the Hymek ?

The 22's were frequently found in pairs, where as the Hymeks were not.

Hi everyone,

No immediate plans for dummy units I'm afraid.

Primarily I'd like us to get the tooling paid for on motorised versions before we consider producing unpowered version.

If you take into account how many new models actually sell, you'd see that this makes sense before we 'dilute' potential sales with dummy units although I do understand the need for them and won't discount them either.

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

Primarily I'd like us to get the tooling paid for on motorised versions before we consider producing unpowered version.

If you take into account how many new models actually sell, you'd see that this makes sense before we 'dilute' potential sales with dummy units although I do understand the need for them and won't discount them either.

Cheers

Dave

Point taken, and understood Dave.

Fingers crossed for a run of unpowered units in the future.

Great job by the way, the 22 looks fantastic.

With the Warship & class 14 from Farish, and the Hymek and 22 from Dapol there should be a few nice BR(W) layouts appearing before too long.

There's a new one with a difference currently brewing for the circuit as we speak, 'Barton Road', Bristol based, 1969-72, due out for it's first show at Stockport in May 2013, biggest project I've done to date and as far as I know it's nothing like anything I've seen before, so it's a test for me if nothing else and it will definately be interesting to operate, I just hope you guys like it..! And don't forget the Western... :locomotive:

I earnestly and truly hope Dapol Dave means a D600 as Farish already have given us the 800s. As I have stated elsewhere on this board, I think the D600s were really handsome machines - though admittedly much less so after the split headcode boxes were fitted.

For a class of only five locos they certainly had a variety of livery variations over their brief period of "Active" service.

Matt

How about, instead of messing about with a class of loco with only 5 members and a fairly limited operating life and region (Even more so than the 22!), let's plough those research resources into something that many modellers from many regions from the late 50s to the early 00s can benefit from; a 3-car Suburban Class 117 DMU set! These things could be seen anywhere from the Devon mainline, the South Wales mainline, London Padd and Birmingham sub workings to the Fife circle in their lives, and recieved a massive range of liveries, from many Green variations through to Blue-Grey, Regi-Rail, NSE and Scotrail, so plenty of mileage out of those expensive toolings.

Not only that, but they're based on the 121 design, possible chassis reuse = Saving £s?? :snooks: Plleeeaaasseeee?

I earnestly and truly hope Dapol Dave means a D600 as Farish already have given us the 800s. As I have stated elsewhere on this board, I think the D600s were really handsome machines - though admittedly much less so after the split headcode boxes were fitted.

I agree and I would like to see one in N gauge. Although it would make my kit-built one sad.

DSCF3408.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, that looks amazing! Are any being produced like this RTR or is this simply your own work?

If they are being produced like this then I think you have just doubled the number of these little beauties I need to buy. :D

Wow, that looks amazing! Are any being produced like this RTR or is this simply your own work?

If they are being produced like this then I think you have just doubled the number of these little beauties I need to buy. :D

I think Mr Jones would have to come along to confirm what the plans are for them ;)

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Dave

I can see your point to an extent, but don't you sell some dummy units where you wouldn't sell powered ones? e.g. I've bought a number of Dapol dummy locos and units at 25-35 quid each, but in most cases if they'd only been available as powered ones at three times the cost I wouldn't have bought them at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got one on order the weathered Dapol members model with weathered milk tanks I seem to remember.

Yup - 1 green and 1 blue reserved out of the batch currently on its way from China ready for service on City Basin Goods

STEVE

Archived