Holyhead Breakwater Railway

Alex TM

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

I am looking toward doing some reading and research on the above railway; it's one of two in North Wales that have always interested me as having a lot of modelling potential. Can anyone point me to any reliable sources of information on the line. I am aware of an article in one of the model rail mags (Scale Trains?); can anyone help out with that one? (What's annoying is that I had the mag until I moved to Scotland at the start of last year.) I have some information and publications that cover the Barclay diesels that latterly worked the line but cannot find anything else of much use via the library or online.

Many thanks in advance for any informations, pointers, etc.

Regards,

Alex.

Edited by Teddy Bear

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Thanks for the references. Fortunately for me and my wallet some of the books and sites referred to also cross with those on my interest in the Prestatyn & Dyserth. I'll keep my eyes open for the books.

Again, many thanks.

Regards,

Alex.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Saw them at the time. No idea of what year, but it would have been about 1979 or 1980.

Just walked into the shed which was wide open with nobody around and climbed over them. Great as a kid!

I have a feeling it was around the same time as this photo was taken. Unfortunately no photos.

spacer.png

01002 and 01001 (withdrawn, at the rear) inside the shed at Holyhead Breakwater on 19 August 1980 by Johndarm via Wiki

Jason

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...