Bachmann nrm prototype deltic - spring 2013

Brian Grey

It is not just the radius that has to be considered, but also how flat the curved track is. Any deviations from level on a curve eat into (sorry!) the safety margin Bachmann provide by typically having the body slightly high relative to the bogies . (The model maker is in a bind here with any long vehicle on bogies on which the prototype has wheels inside the fixed bodywork. Which compromise to go for: undersize wheels, raise body relative to bogies, vary body shape to allow for operation on set track; or restrict operation to curves of circa 30" or greater radius.)

The track isn't fixed down permanently as it's not a permanent layout, just a test oval on a 6' x 4' board with R3 curves but I do fix it down flat with blu-tack and/or gaffa tape.

• 1 year later...

I'm not prepared to pay ebay off rip money for one though am prepared to pay a reasonable amount

Great - I thought that was how auctions on eBay worked - you choose your maximum purchase price - make your bid - and the 'market' decides if your price is right.  We have a similar system for buying and selling houses up here in Scotland.

Regards

Ray

Thanks Ray.. a bit difficult sometimes to get a fair price with buy it now prices and starting bids set too high in the first instance. I would have expected to pay between £200 and £250 for an absolute mint unused platinum model and packaging, so it was a matter of waiting for the right one.  Anyhow cut a long story short got one being delivered tomorrow gave a lot less than £200 for it so pleased about that. Also my platinum collection is finally complete. :)

Archived