Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Cuts and Shuts

Edge

post-5857-12743985809.pngA de-streamlined A4. Ok so it looks just like an A3. Not much different under all that metalwork.

Except for the tell-tale "wedge" cab. If the LNER had gone down the Duchess route and de-streamlined the A4s, I suspect the end result would have been a mix of the production series A1s and "Great Northern" in appearance.

David

Here's some variations on a standard 4

post-6837-127446469389.jpg

post-6837-127446473074.jpg

An alternative to a std 4 tank, not much water capacity though

post-6837-127446475798.jpg

And the atlantic britannia I put on the old thread

post-6837-127446478408.jpg

(For shorter GE section turntables perhaps?)

Mike

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_8193_986_6261.jpg

What if Brush used their successful class 31's as a basis for producing overhead electric versions?

If I was a skilled graphics person I would try a skinhead version with twin diamond pantographs for Liverpool st. - Chelmsford DC operations. Class 79 perhaps?

• Like 2

post-144-127690042608_thumb.jpgI thought the image at the top of page three was a myth, however 45599, Mr Fowler's stretched Jubilee, was seen at Barrow Hill
It's a fantastic model, and must have required many hours of works...but...It just doesn't have the elegant lines of Gresley's x-8-x's. Now, with Coronation-style streamlining...

It's a fantastic model, and must have required many hours of works...but...It just doesn't have the elegant lines of Gresley's x-8-x's. Now, with Coronation-style streamlining...

Hi Hammer

Thank you. This is not a model, it is a “Cut and Stretch†of an original image taken by “ax1709cjm†on October 21st 2006 from the Flickr photo website, modified of Kolhapur at Barrow Hill.

This link to the original image Kolhapur at Barrow Hill

Regards