Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Cuts and Shuts

Edge

Hi guys,

I haven't seen this thread ressurected on the new RMweb, and I always enjoyed seeing peoples ideas. So, in the hope of starting it all up again, here is my effort:

Untitled-1.jpg

Its a pre-war 2-10-0 that I actually plan to build some day. Like it?

• Like 3

Guest Max Stafford

Ah, the famed Caley Pickersgill 1500 class 'Decapod' of 1924 (as also built for the amalgamated LNWR/LYR consortium as in this case)...! B)

Dave.

Here's one I did some years ago. You may be aware that in the 1940s that both Baldwin and Lima offered centre cab "transfer" units. Each end had a diesel of 1000-1250 hp for a total of 2000-2500 hp. Now, let's imagine that for some reason EMD decided to get into this market, and that this was before the GP7 was introduced...which means EMD might have done it with the BL2. And thus emerges...the BLT: BL Transfer...no, not a bacon/lettuce/tomato sandwich. Two Life Like BL2s gave their shells; a pair of Athearn Tunnel Motors gave their frames (yeah yeah wrong trucks for 1940s - so go build your own :lol: ). Splicing occurred, painting and a lot of wasp striping yielded this:

post-751-1261774155534_thumb.jpg

This is the original BLT, done before Jim Teese did his which was published in Model Railroading. My No. 33 has a honkin' great can motor in it, extra weight, and a Mars light on the near end. It runs very smoothly and will pull the white off of rice...and confuses the casual train show attendees most effectively. Oh, and Rock Creek is a fictitious line of mine.

• Like 5

Riddles' proposed design for a BR standard 3F was thrown out by the BRB as it was just TOO ugly!

post-40-12618264192157_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of my first loco in the early 50's - a Trix 0-4-0 black tender loco - 14 volts AC

Prototypical it was not biggrin.gif

Dave