Some basic RhB questions

jhock

• RMweb Gold

Here's a few more that led to my Rhätia and the plan above for a friend.

9x3 on 3x3 boards you can see the 3ft divisions on the front of the 3D plans, if you narrowed the centre and swing the track to the front or back at the far end you could get in a second curve to the FY.

37382415055_e18e7216fa_b.jpgPaulRhB plans by -salisburyASC-

And a bigger version with really dodgy perspective! ;)

38345987735_7526206764_b.jpgRhätia initial ideas by -salisburyASC-

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello

I  travelled  on  rhb  around  10  years  ago  in  the  winter  and  I  was  impressed  with the  amount  of  freight  carried  with  mixed  trains.

One  or  two  Containers  on  flats  was  quite  common.  One  station  I  was  waiting  at  had  an  electric  pass  train  arrive  which  detached  a  single  wagon  with  container  from  the  rear  leaving  this  in the  platform  as  it  departed.  Station  staff then  used  a  small  diesel  shunter  to  collect  this and  place  in  the  sidings  under  a  small  fixed  container  gantry.  A  car  was  then  driven  onto  a  flat  wagon  and  attached  to  the  rear  of  another  electric  train  as  it  made  its  station  stop.

Probably  more  freight  in  the  winter  when  many  mountain  roads  are  impassable. 

Pete

• RMweb Gold

For reference microtrains 2004-1 are an easy fit in the Ge4/4iii, just trim off a small corner on the back of the assembled microtrains coupler box on each side. On the coaches it requires cutting off the top frame for the rapido coupled and gluing a strengthening piece on top

post-6968-0-21738900-1492602491_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB

• 1 year later...

post-21995-0-94545500-1542903108_thumb.png

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I'm intrigued by Paul's diagram.  Paul, what would you estimate its size in N scale?  I have a 14' x 14' open space, and was thinking about something like this, or the quick sketch at the top of this post. Thank you.  

PaulRhB plans by -salisburyASC-

And a bigger version with really dodgy perspective! ;)

38345987735_7526206764_b.jpgRhätia initial ideas by -salisburyASC-

Edited by calcifer

• RMweb Gold

Sketch.png

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I'm intrigued by Paul's diagram. Paul, what would you estimate its size in N scale? I have a 14' x 14' open space, and was thinking about something like this, or the quick sketch at the top of this post. Thank you.

Well it was 20ft in HOm, the boards from the left were

3 (station), 3(station), 3(spiral), 4 (gorge), 4 (bridge), 3(spiral).

So in theory it could be really cramped down to 10ft or reduced to 1/150 about 12ft.

• 11 months later...

And in yet another random tangent for this useful thread; I'm 90% sure I once saw a picture of one of the blue Arosa coaches in use elsewhere on the main RhB network. Can't find it now of course, or was I getting confused with a picture of an Arosa train that just had 1 of the blue coaches in the make up?

Just curiosity really, but did those coaches venture further than just their line? (Seen plenty of pictures of Bernina coaches in places other than on the Bernina Bahn, so assuming Arosa stock also travelled?) When did the blue vehicles get painted back into red anyway?

Cheers 

• 2 years later...
On 20/11/2019 at 19:17, Satan's Goldfish said:

And in yet another random tangent for this useful thread; I'm 90% sure I once saw a picture of one of the blue Arosa coaches in use elsewhere on the main RhB network. Can't find it now of course, or was I getting confused with a picture of an Arosa train that just had 1 of the blue coaches in the make up?

Just curiosity really, but did those coaches venture further than just their line? (Seen plenty of pictures of Bernina coaches in places other than on the Bernina Bahn, so assuming Arosa stock also travelled?) When did the blue vehicles get painted back into red anyway?

Cheers 

Rather late 'bump' to see if anyone can help with this question!

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Rather late 'bump' to see if anyone can help with this question!

Yes after the advertising contract ran out they turned up on various trains as they went back into the general pool and we’re used as extras. 

• Thanks 1