Lulworth Castle, 1930's to 2000's

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Lulworth is just going out the way in its storage cabinet and can be set up in 20 mins so not far away ;) Rhatia is half stripped, just the catenary to store and points to save as I can reuse them on the Harz. Most can be recycled on the HOm and once Bemo get their fingers out and do the Om Ge4/4 I'll probably clear out the HOm RhB.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well a date snuck in for February, Probably run a mix of BR steam and modern image. Further dates for next year still on hold due to a roster change but it can't now happen until March so able to commit to this one. Note change of venue for 2016.

post-6968-0-61854200-1447760259.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Preparation for Eurotrack saw the MPV and the second weathered 66 fitted with sound chips this morning. Now as I picked up some cheap 3.5 chips and getting the right sounds blown on a 3.5 was going to take time and money I had a look what was available on the ESU site. As a result the 66 has a HO Mehano 66 sound file and the MPV has a Desiro as it seems to sound about right and has a nice air sound that sounds like the sprayers are on! Just need to finish the 159 now.

Still a list of 6 locos, steam and diesel, to upgrade to sound slowly but not for this show :)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well the progress trundles on, 2 lowmacs fitted with NEM pockets and kadees today to serve as Steam era military low loaders until the warflats are complete. I do need to dig out the genesis kits though for the modern day versions!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A small job needed for Eurotrack this weekend, a water crane. I saw one but a tenner incl post seemed a bit much so I decided to make one from Evergreen plastic tube.

I inserted a smaller piece inside the outer tube to try and keep the shape better then heated it with the hot air gun. Bend 90° then chop up. The hose will be a bit of heatshrink with a wire armature inside to hold its shape.

post-6968-0-61378800-1456092749_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Paul like the idea of how to bend the plastic i need to build an lswr water crane at some point looking good tho lulworth is certainly coming on nicely 

Cheers Chris, the plastic does distort a little but if you carefully stretch it then bend you can manipulate it a bit and then it just needs tidying up with a file. I got the bend a little tight for a LSWR one but as it was installed in the private railway days I'm happy to leave it as is. Still need to drill the hole for the locating wire!

• RMweb Gold

Ok layout packed and been fiddling around weathering some stuff.

Tomorrow will just be checking and rechecking that I've packed everything! Still only 25 minutes away so as long as one loco works ;)

Installed the water crane too after searching for it for ages then finding it on the bookcase next to the layout.

We will be running steam on Saturday and the 2000ish period onwards on Sunday.

A dark shot of the water crane inside the trolley ;)

361FC535-A30D-4EDF-9631-382D11727D67.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Well Lulworth was primarily built so I could run stuff at home rather than exhibit it which is why it's so small. The fact that packing away so visitors can use the spare room and transporting it to shows uses the same sort of storage is a happy accident. It's likely to be around for a long time but I'm not actively seeking shows for it as I have the HOm and other friends who need operators too. Eurotrack was a random invite from Ian as I'd mentioned I had another layout ;)