A Wagon Miscellany at Aberdeen Ferryhill in 1975

Ben Alder

• 1 month later...

hi there, this may be a long shot, but I'm wondering if you managed to take any pictures showing the offices or other parts of the shed infrastructure. I am currently building a 4mm model of Ferryhill (I am an ex Aberdonian now living in NZ).

Here's a link to a recent article i had published in the local Aberdeen newspaper. I also visited 61B regularly, and was an engineering  student at RGIT  from 1974 to 1978.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/nostalgia/2443090/aberdeens-amazing-lost-ferryhill-train-sheds-reborn-in-miniature-on-the-far-side-of-the-world/

best regards,

Mike

Unfortunately not - poor student and expensive film meant I couldn't record nearly as much as I wanted to and never thought about the architecture of the place. Interesting article - you should start a thread on it here - that might flush out some info.

• Agree 1

Good thinking. It's amazing what you can find online...I am now in touch with another ex Aberdonian, who is living in the US. He is also (re) building a 4mm model of Ferryhill, and did manage to let me have a few shots of the buildings prior to demolition in 1991 or thereabouts.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 20:55, hongkongmike said:

hi there, this may be a long shot, but I'm wondering if you managed to take any pictures showing the offices or other parts of the shed infrastructure. I am currently building a 4mm model of Ferryhill (I am an ex Aberdonian now living in NZ).

Here's a link to a recent article i had published in the local Aberdeen newspaper. I also visited 61B regularly, and was an engineering  student at RGIT  from 1974 to 1978.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/nostalgia/2443090/aberdeens-amazing-lost-ferryhill-train-sheds-reborn-in-miniature-on-the-far-side-of-the-world/

best regards,

Mike

Good article and ambitious project.  Another vote for a thread on it!