Warley 2012

bbishop

• RMweb Premium

As a demonstrator getting anywhere for food is pretty hard - I did manage a Wetherspoons breakfast last year ...

Find a Barry 0 lookalike. Show him how to do some weathering. Give him something to weather then sneak off while he's still engrosed...

Find a Barry 0 lookalike. Show him how to do some weathering. Give him something to weather then sneak off while he's still engrosed...

Or tell the 'customer' that you're just off to get some fodder, would they like to join me at their expense?

Not if you park at Canley (Coventry ) station as I always do, very cheap return fare to International station. I'm told Tile Hill may be better as more trains stop there.

Stewart

I hope that on Sunday the train service allows one to reach the NEC in time for door-opening. The last time I examined this option it did not.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I hope that on Sunday the train service allows one to reach the NEC in time for door-opening. The last time I examined this option it did not.

Chris

Theres a train that leaves Coventry at 08.37 that would stop at Canley on the Sunday morning. I'll probably be on it myself.

http://tickets.londonmidland.com/lm/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck

• RMweb Premium

Hospital Gates will be somewhere in the 0 gauge compound at the show. Come and wish me a happy birthday on the Saturday. :thankyou:

Hospital Gates is on my "must see" list, what stand number are you?

Cheers,

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Hospital Gates is stand B61 which is between 82G (stand B60) and Agenoria Models (stand B62). :declare:

Many thanks, I'm circling my Must See layouts on my hall plan.

Thanks for that info, I had no idea(situation normal)as what the stand number was. I'm only a contracted operator, paid by the hour. :senile:

So how do they pay you, Beer? Bacon Butties?

Cheers, Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I think I will have to put a limit on the amount my operators can buy as we have to fit the layout, four of us plus overnight bags and purchases in one vehicle to get home!!

Phatbob will be OK as he will be in his own vehicle heading North.

I remember doing Wigan one year...three 4CEPs to fit into the car on way home!!

• RMweb Gold

Just to point out this time next week it will be open. I should be their for when the door open as long as i wake up.

Hopefully we'll wake up in time too - exhibitors have got to get to the NEC for breakfast before the doors open at 9.15 and our hotel is twenty minutes away up the motorway. That's like work!

Jerry, still adding green bits to Tucking Mill!

• RMweb Premium

Just to point out this time next week it will be open. I should be their for when the door open as long as i wake up.

Gulp....

Jerry, still adding green bits to Tucking Mill!

What stand number are you Jerry?

I'm not sure that there is, Richard. Coombe Barton very kindly made the badges for Members' Day and very swish they look too! Before that I used to wear a lanyard round my neck with a clear pocket in which was a piece of paper with 'chrisf' printed on it and a now superseded [i think] RMweb logo. If you don't have a lanyard the sort of delegate badges available from most High Street stationers will do fine. I cannot speak for other inmates but I don't bite, though there are those who say that I suck, and always welcome the chance to put a face to a name.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Are there any forms of id that us RMWebbers could wear so as to recognise one another? A downloadable id card for instance?

Coombe Barton very kindly made the badges for Members' Day and very swish they look too! Before that I used to wear a lanyard round my neck with a clear pocket in which was a piece of paper with 'chrisf' printed on it and a now superseded [i think] RMweb logo.

... I cannot speak for other inmates but I don't bite ... and always welcome the chance to put a face to a name.

Hi again I have checked there is no name badge on the site but on the good side the map for the show is now on the warley web page

In my case, directions are one thing I won't need - I was in Hall 5 very recently. However, a hall plan is likely to be very useful.

As for a name badge - or a lanyard - I shouldn't have much difficulty finding them. This makes a change from trade shows, where I prefer to keep the things available but out of sight.

Actually, this isn't quite as mad as it might sound. When I go to trade shows, they're likely to be related to electrical engineering, electronics or instrumentation - and I'm likely to be there for seminars (for which badges often get "zapped" by someone with a barcode reader). I've got no problem with this.

Also present at some trade shows are a small number of over-enthusiastic salesmen - who can be seen patrolling the aisles near their companies' stands, in much the same way as great whites are reputed to patrol some coastlines. These guys have never met me before - but this doesn't stop them marching straight up to me, grinning inanely and with their right arms outstretched, then launching into some "in-your-face" spiel along the lines of: "Hi, Huw - I'm ****** - I'm from *****@@**##*** company - and I can do you a great deal on ..."

Keeping my badge out of sight kills this nonsense stone dead. It also stops these guys "zapping" my badge and sending me a "rainforest and a half" of unwanted junkmail. Well, that's my excuse - and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I'm happy to talk to some companies at shows - just not these ones, that's all.

As for me wearing a badge at "meet-ups" for RMweb (or any other e-groups, for that matter), I wonder how many people would actually want to know me. After all, some people already think there's something sinister about me (or should that be sinistral - I never did Latin at school - anyway, I always thought left-handedness was a family trait).

Whatever the score, I think I've said enough for now. I'm just looking forward to Saturday.

Huw.

Archived