New Farish Class 55

Crepello

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have noticed on the Farish website that the Deltics no longer have an anticipated release date whereas I am sure previously they they were due around August/September this year - does anyone know if there is a problem with these or is it just the website not up date?

• 1 month later...

Found this pic on flickr of Pinza with air horns seemingly embedded in the nose ends (1967 Green full yellow ends). http://www.flickr.com/photos/24041160@N02/3063520424/in/pool-1465646@N25%7C24041160@N02 did it carry them like this with small yellow panels, and also in blue livery?

These were only fitted to 9007 some time between July 1964 and Nov 66. It was an experimental fitting and not taken further. 9007 received full yellow ends to the green livery in Jan 67. Records suggest that the horns were repositioned to the bufferbeam in May 66... but it looks like the nose grills were retained. The horns were probably swapped to the bonnet top fitting some time in 68-69 but I'm not sure exactly when. 9007 was painted blue in October 67. So, did it retain those grills when in Blue... I;ve seen no photos to suggest this so I'd suggest that they were probably plated over or filled prior to it going blue. Anyone else care to comment. Not seen any photos of them fitted when it had the SYP... but it wouldn't show so well in photos.

Jon

Edit: From Chronicles of Napier:http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/9007.htm

Experimental warning horns inserted into the nose cones of both No.1 and No.2 ends.

Experimental Syphonic warning horns were fitted.

Locomotive underwent audible testing of experimental Syphonic nose cone fitted warning air horns between Arelsley and Great Ponton with D9016 (standard fitted warning horn below buffer beam) and D9018 (bonnet fitted horns - later fitted as standard).

Released from Doncaster Works, after General repair, with full yellow ends applied and experimental ETH equipment.

Released from Doncaster Works, after General repair, in blue livery (the experimental nose-cone fitted air horns were also removed).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

So long as the quality's right , the wait will be worth it.

Incidentally, no sign of Scottish regiments or FP blue/white cabs yet. I wonder what's behind the decision to have 2 Gateshead and no Haymarket versions.

Parp.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

All three versions of the Deltic now showing as due in the next 60 days on the Bachmann website. If other recent releases are anything to go by then they should be with us in 2-3 weeks time. 

Tom. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Bachmann's site is now saying May/June for Deltics :(

Peter

Hmm, they were on the due in 60 days list when I posted, honest!! Just when I thought they were getting better at giving accurate information on there too. Oh well, more time to save!

Tom. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The end view shows 1N24 (which Chronicles of Napier tells me is an evening Kings Cross to Leeds and Harrogate train).  The same site (here) identifies 2E57 as a Leeds - Doncaster 3 coach stopper used for crew training, which is a pretty canny choice for potential customers who don't have the space or means to run the Flying Scotsman.

• RMweb Premium

Agreed but.......! There's a pic of St Paddy on 2E57 on 7.9.61 in 'The Power of the Deltics'; no warning panel and 3 maroon Gresley coaches. Hopefully Dapol will do another batch of Gresleys in maroon one day.

There's also a shot in 'TPOD' of KOYLI as modelled with headcode 4S19 on a train of vans and possibly loaded Conflat As; the second vehicle is possibly a blue spot fish van.

Deltics certainly hauled the odd Freightliner in blue days and legend has it they even hauled coal trains in the freezing 1962/3 winter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The reviews are in the mags this month so I'm hoping Andy does some of his cruel close-ups for our delectation before we can get our grubby mitts on one! They do really look the business in the pics I've seen.

• 4 weeks later...

post-22956-0-43268100-1401878232_thumb.jpgpost-22956-0-99236700-1401878239_thumb.jpgpost-22956-0-73578400-1401878249_thumb.jpg

Just taken delivery of the New Graham Farish class 55 Deltics. Lovely model lots of detail, heavy so should be no issues with haulage and 6 pin dcc ready. 

Not the best pictures sorry just taken quickly on my phone.

Archived