Model Rail No. 175 November 2012

dibber25

Having just taken out a subscription I'm looking forward to seeing this. Blue Pullman aside!

Jeff

In this particular instance, the question is, how recent was 'just'? Subscription labels are printed some six weeks before the issue goes out, so if you took out your sub within six weeks of October 4, your subscription won't start till the next issue.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hello,

I've just tried the number suggested but have been told they won't do anything until 5 working days after the 4th October (and suggested that was when it was sent out). It could of course be a problem with royal mail but didn't some subscribers receive theirs on Monday?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Yet another who has not yet received their copy (yet). Given this situation, and the fact that some of my previous copies have arrived damaged (although almost certainly not Bauer Media or Model Rail's fault), I begin to question the benefit of having a subscription in the first place.

I've noticed the number of separate subs non-deliveries mentioned on here. I apologise on behalf of Great Magazines for the disappointment caused.

Whilst editorial can't DIRECTLY resolve these things, we will certainly be looking into this, to find out why there are so many problems this month. Unfortunately, we won't be able to start this particular ball rolling until Wednesday but please be assured it will be receiving attention. In the meantime please do get on to the subscriptions number - 0844 848 8872 - if you haven't already done so. They need to supply replacement magazines or extend your subscription by a month. They also need to be aware that there are unhappy customers, and I doubt that any of them read RMweb.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks Chris good to see somebody has taken note of the situation and it is recieving attention. The last thing you want is unhappy modellers.

As i have said before this is not the first time that my subs issue has failed to appear.

• RMweb Gold

I've just tried the number suggested but have been told they won't do anything until 5 working days after the 4th October (and suggested that was when it was sent out). It could of course be a problem with royal mail but didn't some subscribers receive theirs on Monday?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Mine arrived on the Monday (although our local deliveries do seem a bit more erratic since our sorting office was relocated 40 miles away - sometimes good, occasionally not so good, and mail does occasionally go missing).

• RMweb Premium

In this particular instance, the question is, how recent was 'just'? Subscription labels are printed some six weeks before the issue goes out, so if you took out your sub within six weeks of October 4, your subscription won't start till the next issue.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris. When I placed the subscription I was told that the first issue I'd receive would be the November one. This was confirmed in a letter from Bauer, confirming the start issue would be Nov 2012 "which should be delivered on or before the sale date 04/10/2012"...

I've been and bought a copy from the supermarket. It's no big deal - I will ring the subs number on Monday.

Jeff

Hi Chris. When I placed the subscription I was told that the first issue I'd receive would be the November one. This was confirmed in a letter from Bauer, confirming the start issue would be Nov 2012 "which should be delivered on or before the sale date 04/10/2012"...

I've been and bought a copy from the supermarket. It's no big deal - I will ring the subs number on Monday.

Jeff

Good. They are supposed to tell you which issue your sub will start with, and they did that correctly. If you ring subs, they should add an issue to the end of your subscription. Though we're all out of the office till Wednesday, I have informed Ben and we'll get onto it as soon as we get back.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Good. They are supposed to tell you which issue your sub will start with, and they did that correctly. If you ring subs, they should add an issue to the end of your subscription. Though we're all out of the office till Wednesday, I have informed Ben and we'll get onto it as soon as we get back.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks Chris. I hate having any kind of moan, especially with MR, which I've bought since issue 3. I only wish I'd got number 1!!

It must be very frustrating to work hard at a product and then be let down by the occasional "glitch"!

Cheers,

Jeff

On the plus side I did like the K1 article.

Bernard

Has anyone any comments regarding the K1 article? I always thought it was a pity Hornby went for a B1 (when the Bachmann model was OK) rather than a K1.

Paul

Has anyone any comments regarding the K1 article?

Yes. It is the type of article and approach to model building of which we should see a lot more. A particularly skilful and ingenious piece of surgery is described in such terms as to encourage others to attempt it.

We'd like to check to see if there's a pattern to the subs problem. Please could the subscribers who haven't received their copy post just the TOWN of their address, or PM me with the information.

CHRIS LEIGH

Neilston, near Glasgow.

as an occasional reader, I'd like to say well done on an excellent issue, in particular the K1 article: It's presence was the decider for me in purchasing. While I appreciate that a large number of readers like, expect and enjoy new kit reviews of RTR items, they don't especially float my boat since I'd have to dismantle and re-mangle much of them to P4 and ease and cost of conversion is not something normally covered in reviews, so an article like that about the K1 was a very welcome inspiration. Cheers for including this sort of material and please carry on with this sort of editorial balance.

PS. the pullman does look rather spanking, but nooooooooo thats a helluva huge wadge of extra cash to ultrascale

We'd like to check to see if there's a pattern to the subs problem. Please could the subscribers who haven't received their copy post just the TOWN of their address, or PM me with the information.

CHRIS LEIGH

Manchester

• RMweb Premium

Chris, from what can be seen here, your pattern appears to be non-delivery to subscribers north of Sheffield - which probably doesn't narrow things down much!

I haven't contacted the subs department yet, if they are operating a 5 working days policy. I guess that means the end of this week?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Chris, from what can be seen here, your pattern appears to be non-delivery to subscribers north of Sheffield - which probably doesn't narrow things down much!

I haven't contacted the subs department yet, if they are operating a 5 working days policy. I guess that means the end of this week?

Jeff

I'm about 3 miles South west of Durham City and as posted previously, haven't received my copy. A friend about 3 miles North of the City received his on Tuesday last week, so no real consistency in our local area.

Does anyone know the definition of 'Working Day' the Subs Dept use? It can vary between organisations and 5 working days could mean up to 8 actual days in my experience.

Regards,

John

• RMweb Premium

I expect this will get lost in the deluge of subs problems but I just picked up my copy (from my local newsagent - support local business! :angel: ) but has there been a reduction in the weight of paper used to accomodate the greater number of pages, because the pages in this issue seem to be very lightweight. Feels like a real reduction in paper quality this month, but the editorial content as always is excellent.

Archived