Model Rail No. 175 November 2012

dibber25

We'd like to check to see if there's a pattern to the subs problem. Please could the subscribers who haven't received their copy post just the TOWN of their address, or PM me with the information.

CHRIS LEIGH

Liversedge, West Yorkshire

Subs problem:

I understand that no single 'area' problem has been found. Those who have not received their November issue are requested to e-mail our Marketing Manager

emma.reynolds@bauermedia.co.uk

and they will be resolved on a case-by-case basis.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

Ahh the infamous floods of '62 when all three mainlines to London from the north were flooded and the only way for the Pullman to run was via Birmingham, Bath, Wimborne and into London.

Oh, I do like that! I do soooo like that idea! I wish I could click 'multiple likes', in fact! :D

(I'd have been happy with a reversal at Templecombe, by the way, never mind Wimborne, but at least this way it allows Re6/6 to run it over Bridge 171 and via Henstridge as well!).

Excellent issue this time, I particularly like Jerry's layout in the hydraulic era, they do seem to 'fit' so well!.... ;)

Not only have I not recieved the Model Rail mag 175 that MR claim was sent to me on 29th September, the additional one that was promised to me by MR staff a week ago during a phone call has not materialised yet either. Is there a problem with Manchester/North West area?

• RMweb Premium

Not only have I not recieved the Model Rail mag 175 that MR claim was sent to me on 29th September, the additional one that was promised to me by MR staff a week ago during a phone call has not materialised yet either. Is there a problem with Manchester/North West area?

I e-mailed as advised by Chris Leigh (Dibber 25) in an earlier post # 109 (Thanks Chris). Was advised yesterday that a replacement copy will be sent, but please allow between 5 and 12 days for delivery.

Regards,

John

Edit to specify post number

Dear Mark

Thank you for your recent email.

I am very sorry to read you did not receive your issue.

The copy is now out of stock and I am therefore unfortunately unable to replace it. I have however extended your subscription by one issue and amended your next payment claim date accordingly. A letter has been sent to confirm this for you, and should be received in 5-12 days.

I trust this meets with your approval.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Miles Barnes

Great Magazines Email Customer Services

This was the email I recieved on thursday after my origional and replacement copies failed to arrive.

mark

Guest 40-something

Dear Mark

Thank you for your recent email.

I am very sorry to read you did not receive your issue.

The copy is now out of stock and I am therefore unfortunately unable to replace it. I have however extended your subscription by one issue and amended your next payment claim date accordingly. A letter has been sent to confirm this for you, and should be received in 5-12 days.

I trust this meets with your approval.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Miles Barnes

Great Magazines Email Customer Services

This was the email I recieved on thursday after my origional and replacement copies failed to arrive.

mark

Strange,

I was emailed friday afternoon saying my replacement copy had been posted that day.

If this replacement copy doesnt turn up and I get the out of stock response, I'll be cancelling my subscription.

Strange,

I was emailed friday afternoon saying my replacement copy had been posted that day.

If this replacement copy doesnt turn up and I get the out of stock response, I'll be cancelling my subscription.

Sorry you feel that way - although you might give the replacement copy a chance to arrive. I'm told it can take up to 28 days. I've done everything that I can to get this resolved. Phone me on Tuesday - 01733 395153 - I'll have a pile of envelopes and what's left of our office copies and I'll mail them out myself. They won't be bagged and they won't have the supplement because our office copies come straight off the press. That's the best I can suggest.

CHRIS LEIGH

(Since I started this, I have found that we have some office copies which ARE bagged and DO have the supplement. I'll use those first.)

Sorry you feel that way - although you might give the replacement copy a chance to arrive. I've done everything that I can to get this resolved. Phone me on Tuesday - 01733 395153 - I'll have a pile of envelopes and what's left of our office copies and I'll mail them out myself. They won't be bagged and they won't have the supplement because our office copies come straight off the press. That's the best I can suggest.

CHRIS LEIGH

I think you've gone as far as (or even beyond) what you can reasonably do Chris to resolve an issue which wasn't of the editorial team's making.

Can I just ask that as many people as possible follow the channels initially given before swamping Chris!

There APPEARED to be a problem with Northern England and Scotland subs copies as that's where nearly all the customers with missing subs copies are located. However, I'm told that there is NO general problem and complaints are being dealt with on an individual basis by our marketing dept as referred to earlier. When you say "MR staff" which office was that? Editorial or marketing or subs? We have a lot of staff on different floors and in different buildings. If I'm going to chase someone up, I need a name.

CHRIS LEIGH

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Chris, you are a real gent. You take some stick on this forum - I'm not referring to the present situation - and I think people should have some perspective. Have you ever not tried to be of assistance? Bearing in mind you are on here as an individual and are NOT part of the subscription team, I think your efforts go well beyond the "call of duty".

At the end of the day - it's only a magazine...

Jeff

I wondered whether it was a group of subscription numbers or surnames which were missing, how are the labels printed are they by postcode, surname or subscription numbers? There seem to be a few missing so is it just a case of random copies or a batch?

We may never know! As long as next months turns up without a hitch it will soon be forgotten. Typically it had to be the one with the blue pullman review been very keen to read that!

mark

• RMweb Premium

Mark, I was in 2 different supermarkets today - both had numerous copies of the November Model Rail. I went and got a copy when I realised my subs copy had gone AWOL. So you should be in luck if you pop out in the next day or so.

Jeff

Mark, I was in 2 different supermarkets today - both had numerous copies of the November Model Rail. I went and got a copy when I realised my subs copy had gone AWOL. So you should be in luck if you pop out in the next day or so.

Jeff

Hi

thanks picked up a copy in morrisons when I knew my subscription had been extended, just wondered why they had gone missing and how will we be sure it won't happen next month if no cause has been established.

cheers

mark

Has there been some problem with subscription copies, having read posts above I wonder. I have started a sub and received issue 174, (Oct 2012) which was correct as my first copy, but have not received issue 175!! Have e-mailed Bauer as requested but have received no reply as yet. Bit disappointing as I have always resisted subs for exactly this reason, i.e. reliability of supply. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Archived