BRM November 2012

Dicky W

Nice to see the £100 layout has got an airing.

I see from the cover page that 'DCC' is now a verb - as in 'Discover how to...DCC the Hornby Terrier'.

As someone witty once said, there is no noun (or acronym, it seems) that can't be verbed.

This is the first issue of BRM I've bought. A thoroughly enjoyable read. Well done to the team.

Slightly off-topic but did someone on here a few months ago say that BRM was going to feature a Class 419 repainted into Royal Mail livery? I've looked through the RMWeb monthly threads but can't find further mention.

• Administrators

Our November issue is now available to download as a Digital Edition. For more details on how to download a Digital Edition and to watch our promotional video, click here: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/information/BRM_digital_editions

The November Digital Edition includes a few Picture Galleries, showing you some of the pictures not used in the printed magazine. The Digital Edition costs from £2.49 per issue.

We hope you like this issue. We've just received our office copies and feel it's our best issue since we gave the magazine a new look/feel. We really hope you agree!

Steve

My subs copy arrived yesterday and I have to say it's a cracking issue which seemed to be reinforced by a couple of members of the BCB team last night, even if it did have Damian in it. ;)

Michael Russel (cactustrain) photographed Hellifield shed and there's some lovely atmospheric shots in there, Buckjumper is back with more soldering advice, Redgate dispenses sage advice and it's interesting to see the 'artists impression' of the new hi-tech stand which will be in use at Peterborough next weekend. So; it's very strong in RMweb related content with the much-followed Bradfield Gloucester Square as the lead layout.

:P

One thing I must do is address the fact I was credited with the photography for the Black Country Blues article and correct this as it was Damian and his good lady, Ann, who actually did all of the photos. All I did was prepare them for the mag.

Now that IS class!

I've only had a fairly quick skim through but this issue is certainly looking to be FULL of good content, well done guys!

Drat! Now I'll have to start checking it out every month (never mind!).

A small observation, if I may?

Is the "Diary Dates" section cross referenced with the "Exhibitions" and "Calender" sections of RMweb? I only ask because the publication from Devon always seems to have a lot more content here. Haven't had time to go and do a scientific check, of course!

Once again,

Really well done!

John E.

I was going to say zero Chris but then realised one sneaks into dave777's £100 layout in MI; other than that there's one in the news and some in the ads so it's perfectly safe for you to buy.

It looks like the readers were saved the pleasure of the slippers; maybe they'll appear at Doncaster?

Just a note of congratulations guys. I think this edition is best yet and with two of my favourites in it , Bradfield and Liverpool Lime Street , it was a must buy. I did browse it before buying although ironically given my complaints about bags,Bradfield on the front would have swung it even if it had been bagged! There really are a number of pictures in there where you have to do a second take: is this real or model ! The Bradfield article is superb.

• Administrators

Hi CUTLER2579,

Hopefully it's sold out!

I'll check with our distribution department tomorrow and find out. Alternatively, you can purchase direct from our website: www.model-railways-live.co.uk

I'll be in touch,

Steve

• RMweb Gold

An interesting issue and some very good content but one minor point - in the brief review of the latest from Dapol it mentions that the Steam (Swindon) Museum's 'special' D1000 has sold out on pre-order. According to a conversation I had with a member of the museum's sale team since the date when the mag would have gone to press that is not correct as D1000 was at that time still available to pre-order from the museum.

An interesting issue and some very good content but one minor point - in the brief review of the latest from Dapol it mentions that the Steam (Swindon) Museum's 'special' D1000 has sold out on pre-order. According to a conversation I had with a member of the museum's sale team since the date when the mag would have gone to press that is not correct as D1000 was at that time still available to pre-order from the museum.

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately that arose due to the confusion over the message given on their website before and over the weekend of their show. It was obviously not rectified in light of subsequent information from the piece I originally wrote on D1000.

Hi CUTLER2579,

Hopefully it's sold out!

I'll check with our distribution department tomorrow and find out. Alternatively, you can purchase direct from our website: www.model-railways-live.co.uk

I'll be in touch,

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry to disappoint you,but I have been into town four days on the trot and there have been no copies available in the two largest retailers. W.H. Smiths are saying Tuesday at the earliest.You could be correct about the smaller independent newsagents however.

Will try the Signal Box @ Anstey tomorrow as I have the pleasure of taking SWMBO on a Retail Therapy trip to Leicester. :protest: :protest:

Kind Regards,Derek.

Archived