Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I don’t wish to imply any wrong-doing. In a world where everyone now seems able to sell everyone else’s “exclusive” commissions the ground is shifting daily. What struck me was the use of a Kernow MRC image on a Hatton’s post when nothing has been said publicly about any commercial arrangement between the two businesses.

Don't think there is any commercial arrangement. The newsheet is just general info about the Model Railway market as a whole. Kernow are very strict about their images I know but I think the copyright statement at the end of the Hattons newsheet covers all that

• RMweb Gold

I don’t wish to imply any wrong-doing. In a world where everyone now seems able to sell everyone else’s “exclusive” commissions the ground is shifting daily. What struck me was the use of a Kernow MRC image on a Hatton’s post when nothing has been said publicly about any commercial arrangement between the two businesses.

Why does Mr.George find this post remotely funny.Maybe fat finger syndrome ?

I would assume so, Ian. On the mobile phone or tablet, on the rare occasions I use them instead of 'proper' computers, I constantly have the problem where I intend to hit one icon but the device 'decides' that I have hit a completely different one. The tablet is worst for this.

Honest, guv, I wasn't laughing at you. I meant to hit 'craftsmanship/clever'!

• RMweb Premium

It is funny, the way all the experts regarding business there are on this forum pontificate about everything. If you read Si Bendal's report he is just letting the readers know what is going to be available and more space was given to the new Deltic, not only Accurscale but the variants to be done for Rails of Sheffield, and the new RevoutioN wagon than the additional Kernow Warship livery. I am sure an experienced person like Si would have ensured he was allowed to use the image to publicise  Kernow's latest offer.

• RMweb Premium

As I said I am not suggesting that Hatton’s has necessarily done anything untoward here.

It does however create an impression - whether or not intended - that all the items illustrated would be available from Hatton’s.

Rather than finger-pointing I am, if anything, seeking to avoid possible misinterpretation. Particularly for those who might be quite large in number who do not read the full article.

As I said I am not suggesting that Hatton’s has necessarily done anything untoward here.

It does however create an impression - whether or not intended - that all the items illustrated would be available from Hatton’s.

Rather than finger-pointing I am, if anything, seeking to avoid possible misinterpretation. Particularly for those who might be quite large in number who do not read the full article.

It's a newsletter relating to developments in the field of model railways in general, not a Hatton's advert, and has never purported to be anything else.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk

• RMweb Premium

Apologises if I am mistaken but over 12 months ago was there not a request / offer to pay for your D6xx Warship in advance and the price was being held for you?

Logging onto my account it is unclear if my payment has been allocated .

I did try to email but haven't as yet received a reply

R

(age and too many orders is to blame)

• RMweb Premium

Apologises if I am mistaken but over 12 months ago was there not a request / offer to pay for your D6xx Warship in advance and the price was being held for you?

Logging onto my account it is unclear if my payment has been allocated .

I did try to email but haven't as yet received a reply

R

(age and too many orders is to blame)

I queried this at the time, as i too was unsure. Apparently their system doesnt show payments taken over the phone.

• Like 1

It is funny, the way all the experts regarding business there are on this forum pontificate about everything. If you read Si Bendal's report he is just letting the readers know what is going to be available and more space was given to the new Deltic, not only Accurscale but the variants to be done for Rails of Sheffield, and the new RevoutioN wagon than the additional Kernow Warship livery. I am sure an experienced person like Si would have ensured he was allowed to use the image to publicise  Kernow's latest offer.

Thankyou  Clive for those sensible words, that is what I was thinking when I pressed the "funny" button.

There are too maney people on here who are over serious and believe that they are more clever than the average.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Thankyou  Clive for those sensible words, that is what I was thinking when I pressed the "funny" button.

There are too maney people on here who are over serious and believe that they are more clever than the average.

Keith

I pressed the funny button because i can. Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Don't think there is any commercial arrangement. The newsheet is just general info about the Model Railway market as a whole. Kernow are very strict about their images I know but I think the copyright statement at the end of the Hattons newsheet covers all that

I have had a reply from KMRC the content of which, being addressed personally, does not belong here. Let’s just say there might be some scratched heads in Camborne.

I have had a reply from KMRC the content of which, being addressed personally, does not belong here. Let’s just say there might be some scratched heads in Camborne.

I think that there are some scatched heads on this forum as well. !   Why the concern. ?

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The way I see it it is basically free advertising, okay its a bit naughty advertising somebody else's product but as they will only be available from Kernow how can Kernow lose?

Definitely free advertising, complete with a link about where to buy one.  And basically yet another example of Hattons moving into wider spheres in the model railway world by publishing a sort of new products round up just like various magazines do.

• RMweb Gold

The way I see it it is basically free advertising, okay its a bit naughty advertising somebody else's product but as they will only be available from Kernow how can Kernow lose?

For how long will they only be available from Kernow, though?

Hatton's have sold (and may still be selling) O2s and Thumper units that were initially only obtainable from Camborne. 

John

For how long will they only be available from Kernow, though?

Hatton's have sold (and may still be selling) O2s and Thumper units that were initially only obtainable from Camborne. 

John

.... and I STILL can't see the problem.

Unless you're a collector who places value on the word EXCLUSIVE, of course!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

I'm guessing that if Kernow ask Hattons not to include stuff about their models in this news letter Hattons would probably agree (it's not worth them arguing when it is a request not to advertise a competitors products) but I think it'd be an own goal for Kernow.

• RMweb Gold

I'd be surprised if there (m)any D6XX leftover to go on sale via any other outlets.

I can't envisage such an outcome with the initial releases, either, but any future re-runs might be a different matter.

That's what seems to have happened with the O2.

It's 2-way street with Kernow selling Hatton's Barclays and P Class tanks, too.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Premium

I can't envisage such an outcome with the initial releases, either, but any future re-runs might be a different matter.

That's what seems to have happened with the O2.

It's 2-way street with Kernow selling Hatton's Barclays and P Class tanks, too.

John

And do not forget the Olivia’s EM1/2........well discounted in the Hatton’s sale, I also notice Rails only yesterday are advertising Hatton’s specials.......great for everyone.

• RMweb Gold

.... and I STILL can't see the problem.

Unless you're a collector who places value on the word EXCLUSIVE, of course!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

So long as they all come in Kernow branded boxes (which they do), there's no way of knowing where something was purchased so any "exclusivity" will be unaffected.

Class 28 Co-Bos in Hatton's branded boxes are being supplied to all retailers by Heljan at present. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1