Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

What matters now is not where the ship is but where the container is and when the groupage stuff will be taken out of it and then clear Customs ready to be forwarded to the appropriate destinations, including Camborne.

Let's hope they don't have another fire somewhere in the Docks.

When that happened a few weeks ago, they closed down the whole docks area ("elf and safety innit") and nothing got out for 24 hours. Not too much of a problem for many consignments. But when you have hired in a large crane to offload at final destination, an expensive PITA. And no one wants to accept responsibility for the extra costs.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 01/03/2019 at 23:16, Philou said:

Update: Now moored.

Cheers,

Philip

@ MartinTrucks

Ahem ................. posted three days ago, admittedly very late in the evening.

Cheers,

Philip

Edited by Philou

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, adb968008 said:

i doubt there’s 10k D600’s though.

1500. Each version has always been quoted as 750 each and two have arrived. Whether there are a few spares to make up a nicely-squared load or whether sales allow for a few defective returns is probably known only to KMRC. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Expecting the first post soon saying something like ........................ "Just received it - It's been 327 years, 8 months, 4 days 9 hours & 13 minutes" since I ordered this" ....................... :D

And I don’t care. :D It’s here and that’s what matters! :dance_mini:

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Expecting the first post soon saying something like ........................ "Just received it - It's been 327 years, 8 months, 4 days 9 hours & 13 minutes" since I ordered this" ....................... :D

Wont be me this time, my 3 are in the 2nd lot to arrive.

ive got to wait an extra minute.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I have one in first batch and one in third, I am just pleased that they have come to fruition after a long gestation period. Still need a sound chip to be announced.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, robertcwp said:

There was a D602 in blue on a Layout at the Basingstoke show today. I forget the layout's name but it was the large 00 one by Kernow's stand.

It was the Hornby Magazine layout 'Grosvenor Square'.   They actually had two but the other one was hiding in its box. (not hiding all the time as Mike Wild lifted off the packing etc to give a glimpse of it).  These two are from the advance air-freighted batch sent over for review etc purposes and are production models, not development models.

I thought the lettering was extremely neat, the 'orrible headcode boxes look suitably realistic and are nicely done (if such an excresence can be associated with the word 'nicely'?) and it was running beautifully - clearly a powerful model with excellent detailing which looked to capture the originals very well, especially the bodysides.  Overall it looks like the factory have done a very good job for Kernow.

I understand from Chris T that the ones recently landed at Southampton are expected in Cornwall early next week - usual comments about 'wait for it to arrive with you' and 'don't waste the staff's time with 'phone calls' apply of course.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

16 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

It was the Hornby Magazine layout 'Grosvenor Square'.   They actually had two but the other one was hiding in its box. (not hiding all the time as Mike Wild lifted off the packing etc to give a glimpse of it).  These two are from the advance air-freighted batch sent over for review etc purposes and are production models, not development models.

I thought the lettering was extremely neat, the 'orrible headcode boxes look suitably realistic and are nicely done (if such an excresence can be associated with the word 'nicely'?) and it was running beautifully - clearly a powerful model with excellent detailing which looked to capture the originals very well, especially the bodysides.  Overall it looks like the factory have done a very good job for Kernow.

I understand from Chris T that the ones recently landed at Southampton are expected in Cornwall early next week - usual comments about 'wait for it to arrive with you' and 'don't waste the staff's time with 'phone calls' apply of course.

Yes, that was the one. Kernow had a photo from my collection to help them a teeny bit with D602:

8167910151_2a836701e5_z.jpgD602_Plymouth_Apr-67 by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

• Like 9

Robert, do you know which milk train that was? From/to St. Erth, presumably? And did the D600 work it throughout? (CJL)

(edited to correct spelling of St. Earth - have it your way, spell-checker!)

Edited by dibber25

1 hour ago, dibber25 said:

Robert, do you know which milk train that was? From/to St. Earth, presumably? And did the D600 work it throughout? (CJL)

I have a clear recollection of a D600 Warship posed on the Hayle Viaduct attached to several milk tankers; we were en-route to St. Ives for our holidays.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Wah-hey !! I have had the 'Packed and ready for despatch' e-mail from Kernow !!! :dance_mini:

There were times when I wondered if this day would ever arrive.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I am looking forward to reciving that aformentioned email.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Same email here.  The first two will arrive by mail.  The next two probably collected in person (but from which shop is now the question) and the final two will ave to await delivery advice before I can determine their method of arrival here.

Of the first pair one will be weathered as a demonstration at the SWAG Member's Day in Taunton and the other as a part of my demonstration at the Hayle MRC exhibition in May.  Dates and details are readily available elsewhere on this site or via PM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Wah-hey !! I have had the 'Packed and ready for despatch' e-mail from Kernow !!!

There were times when I wondered if this day would ever arrive.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

There is a photo of the lorry delivering them on their Facebook account. Regarding your second comment about them ever arriving, they must have shared the same feeling as they make a note about two previous suppliers doing nothing other than causing delays and how progress picked up once they dealt directly with a factory.

• Like 1