Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Wah-hey !! I have had the 'Packed and ready for despatch' e-mail from Kernow !!! :dance_mini:

There were times when I wondered if this day would ever arrive.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well done John. May I ask, please, what was the date of your order as I haven't received an email yet? My order was placed on 18/9/10.

4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Well done John. May I ask, please, what was the date of your order as I haven't received an email yet? My order was placed on 18/9/10.

My order is dated 09/06/10.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Looks like my gloating has to stop.

On the DEMU forum the announcement as posted by Si Bendal is dated 15th March 2008......cor 3 days short of 11 years. I hope that the wait has been worth it and everyone gets as much enjoyment out of their Warship as I have had over the years.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Silver Sidelines said:

Some pictures (had to do something to take my mind off the wind noise outside!)

Cheers  Ray

Very nice Ray. Are the etched plates ready-fitted?

• RMweb Premium

The agony and the ecstasy, lovely pics Ray, an amazing looking loco that captures the prototype beautifully, my D601 is in there somewhere, my second loco is in the next batch I believe

On 10/03/2019 at 15:18, robertcwp said:

I don't have any further details about the train behind D602 at Plymouth but strongly suspect that D602 did not work east of Plymouth.

By that date (and indeed by the early 1960s) I don't think the class ventured east of Newton Abbot except:

To visit Swindon for repair

Their brief sojourn in South Wales

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

By that date (and indeed by the early 1960s) I don't think the class ventured east of Newton Abbot except:

To visit Swindon for repair

Their brief sojourn in South Wales

I logged D601 heading an up Paddington bound West Of England express on 11/08/1961 at Wellington ( Somerset )

In two years 1960-62 observation at Temple Meads and Bath Road,not one sighting is on record..They were shy beasts east of Newton Abbot.

On 11/03/2019 at 22:48, JSpencer said:

There is a photo of the lorry delivering them on their Facebook account. Regarding your second comment about them ever arriving, they must have shared the same feeling as they make a note about two previous suppliers doing nothing other than causing delays and how progress picked up once they dealt directly with a factory.

I presume  that Kernow  had realised that the two previous  suppliers had one thing in common.?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On 12/03/2019 at 17:55, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi All

Looks like my gloating has to stop.

On the DEMU forum the announcement as posted by Si Bendal is dated 15th March 2008......cor 3 days short of 11 years. I hope that the wait has been worth it and everyone gets as much enjoyment out of their Warship as I have had over the years.

I have said for a long time that they were announced in 2008, but most people argued that I was wrong !

My faith in Kernow as now been restored,  looking forward to my ARK ROYAL. 

Keith

• Like 2

I see that the MOL TRUTH is currently in Singapore, next stop Suez Canal. I hope no one finds out that (North) British warships are going to sail through there!!! What sucks is that once mine reaches Kernow it then has to cross the Atlantic and most of Canada. Would have just been quicker to mail it from China to me!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, jsp3970 said:

I see that the MOL TRUTH is currently in Singapore, next stop Suez Canal. I hope no one finds out that (North) British warships are going to sail through there!!! What sucks is that once mine reaches Kernow it then has to cross the Atlantic and most of Canada. Would have just been quicker to mail it from China to me!

Yes, and my two will go all the way to Cornwall then all the way to New Zealand!

:)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1