Dapol body on Hornby 153 chassis question

Hi- for one of my current projects, I have a Hornby (Ex Dapol) Class 155 body that I'm using with a Hornby Class 153 Chassis. Now one of these two is either too short or too long .. The idea of this is to create a Class 153 using the 155 body and the 153 chassis .. Looking at the Railway Centre I've measured the real 153 at 30.4CM(? ) Any help appreciated

NL

Hi Nick - there's an easy option: sell the 153 chassis on eBay, where it will go for more than it's worth, and use the money to buy a new, complete153 at a discounted price from one of the larger retailers.

...unless there's a specific reason you need to use the 155 body, of course?

Cheers,

Will

Hi Nick - there's an easy option: sell the 153 chassis on eBay, where it will go for more than it's worth, and use the money to buy a new, complete153 at a discounted price from one of the larger retailers.

...unless there's a specific reason you need to use the 155 body, of course?

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will - there is a reason yes that im using the 155 body which I will go into detail when I post onto my workbench topic

Edit: The vehicle Length is 76.5Ft ... so that be in 19.15mm? ( Dvide by 4)

NL

Got my dimensions after a bit of searching around, model should be approx. 30.4CM, Hornby Chassis is the correct length .. however the 155 bodyshell is about 0.2/2MM too long, measuring about 30.6CM so this needs to be taken off ... hopefully have something about this in my blog soon

NL

Archived