The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

...if you're in the UK and involved with law enforcement, please do notify your commanding officer of the above, I'm quite sure his/her Dutch counterparts will be happy to share their knowledge :yes:

I'm not sure the various constabularies have sufficient spare resources to approach the Dutch and the Germans....

• RMweb Gold

I'm struggling to see why that one's funny.

My mum's car was damaged whilst parked last year and has cost her hundreds for the excess and in increased insurance costs.

My cousin had exactly what you illustrate done to him in a nightclub car park several years ago.  Also, expensive.

• RMweb Gold

Reminds me of one I reported when a Phantom flew over our yard (of the marshalling variety) at what might be described as 'extreme low level',.  And we were well used to low flying Hercs lining up on a nearby disused airfield to do very low level drops.  Anyway I duly reported the Phantom to the local police (I was probably not the only person who reported it) and several weeks later received a semi-apologetic reply from the relevant bit of the MoD which explained that very low level tests were an essential part of the work at Boscombe Down and that the aircraft identity I had given was indeed based there for various trials.  Yes, I'd copped the 'running number' of said Phantom - it really was low enough to be able to read it from a first floor window; I bet the pilot got something of a rollocking.

• Like 2

Reminds me of one I reported when a Phantom flew over our yard (of the marshalling variety) at what might be described as 'extreme low level',.  And we were well used to low flying Hercs lining up on a nearby disused airfield to do very low level drops.  Anyway I duly reported the Phantom to the local police (I was probably not the only person who reported it) and several weeks later received a semi-apologetic reply from the relevant bit of the MoD which explained that very low level tests were an essential part of the work at Boscombe Down and that the aircraft identity I had given was indeed based there for various trials.  Yes, I'd copped the 'running number' of said Phantom - it really was low enough to be able to read it from a first floor window; I bet the pilot got something of a rollocking.

Mike, I think "beat ups" of the railways has been a bit of a favourite activity of fighter pilots since the invention of the aeroplane.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/124063-tall-tales/?p=2773096